Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best background vocals in a song

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
https://youtu.be/IzqBttT7PBE

Always thought the backing vocals (?), especially in the latter part of the song make the song. Not everybody's favourite but I like it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Possibly, on song credits background vocals are usually restricted to hip hop which I presume means the singer who's voice is behind the rapper. Backing vocals usually means harmonies and stuff.

So does this mean everything on this thread is wrong, or the OP used the wrong terminology.

No doubt someone will correct me and provide a fuller response

You’re correct, the OP used the wrong terminology as the tune he posted was more in reference to the harmony. That being said, I liked the responses to backing vocals just as much.

Why are we getting a blank screen when links are posted?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
ok, I'm going with 'backing vocals' then.

Love this, particularly for the backing vocals.

edit: may as well add this one too

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You’re correct, the OP used the wrong terminology as the tune he posted was more in reference to the harmony. That being said, I liked the responses to backing vocals just as much.

Why are we getting a blank screen when links are posted?

What browser are you using?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Safari, I-phone. Haven’t used my laptop for a while...

I don't know about Safari. Does it have a content blocker or ad blocker? If so disable it for NSC.

android-logo-e1302169981686.jpg
images

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Luther Vandross - Bowie 'Young Americans'

Of course Luther was there but there was 3 of them and together they created one of the best backing vocals of all time, I agree.
I saw a programme about Bowie and his songs and it was very interesting just how complicated it was for the musicians to play his songs and it made you realise the great composing of Bowie rather than just listening to it.
Young Americans was a classic example, the backing singers found it extremely difficult to get it the way Bowie wrote and composed it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Of course Luther was there but there was 3 of them and together they created one of the best backing vocals of all time, I agree.
I saw a programme about Bowie and his songs and it was very interesting just how complicated it was for the musicians to play his songs and it made you realise the great composing of Bowie rather than just listening to it.
Young Americans was a classic example, the backing singers found it extremely difficult to get it the way Bowie wrote and composed it.

I am very Vandross biased :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here