Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion player do you think will surprise us most in the coming season?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Based on the negative opinions expressed on here, Alireza Jahanbakhsh will be the surprise. Not to me, because I can see how good he is.

I think Gross will get back to his first season best and I can see Suttner stepping up if he's given the chance to. The man is a wicked crosser of a ball and it would suit Glenn Murray's game, plus give us natural width on the left with Trossard wanting to drift in and play inside. Propper will be a revelation and hopefully people will get off Stephens' back if he has more attacking passing options. He's not shy about a forward pass, he just didn't have many on last season.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Hard to tell when we're not so sure on what our formation will be next season. I really want Locadia, Andone and Alireza to succeed, namely because the fee for Locadia and Alireza but also because I don't think we've seen what they can do just yet. We know Locadia can score (Everton and Arsenal last season springs to mind), so here's me hoping.

Bissouma is a player that I think will thrive too, but i suspect that's a majority view.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Our defence and midfield is solid PL - we all know we need more going forward. So the surprise has to come from the attackers...

Wild card - Connolly (if he gets a start he'll score and will not be moved)
March - (our Daniel James)
Knocky - if GPot can get a tune out of him he IS a matchwinner

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Based on the negative opinions expressed on here, Alireza Jahanbakhsh will be the surprise. Not to me, because I can see how good he is.

I think Gross will get back to his first season best and I can see Suttner stepping up if he's given the chance to. The man is a wicked crosser of a ball and it would suit Glenn Murray's game, plus give us natural width on the left with Trossard wanting to drift in and play inside. Propper will be a revelation and hopefully people will get off Stephens' back if he has more attacking passing options. He's not shy about a forward pass, he just didn't have many on last season.

What have you seen to show you how good AJ is? Genuine question. I haven't seen anything personally. Too slow both on the ball and off it.

I hope you're right though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Suttner could deliver the biggest surprise.

Whether he does or not remains to be seen.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What have you seen to show you how good AJ is? Genuine question. I haven't seen anything personally. Too slow both on the ball and off it.

I hope you're right though.

The same thing I saw in Spanish Dave. Admittedly, he got himself going much quicker than Ali J has done. But having a full pre-season will be a big benefit to Jahanbakhsh, everyone has a clean slate with a new manager and coaching staff. I'm sure we won't be seeing him marooned out on the left playing as an advanced left back, and that will be the key difference. Played from the right, or as a number 10, with plenty of players around him in attack, we'll see the best from him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I just clarify. How long do these “surprise” players get before we re label them as shitehouse? Not more than 45 mins surely?

NSC posters don’t take kindly to being proved wrong about players so it can’t be for too long that they get a second chance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can I just clarify. How long do these “surprise” players get before we re label them as shitehouse? Not more than 45 mins surely?

NSC posters don’t take kindly to being proved wrong about players so it can’t be for too long that they get a second chance.
I assumed we were talking about a judgement after the Crawley friendly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

"I always hoped player x would come good..." :yawn:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I’m hoping some of the youngsters get a chance and I’m optimistic that Alzate could establish himself as he looks custom made for playing potterball.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Montoya , if the system we play is more attacking in nature , and it's not going to take much of a adjustment for that to happen , i think he will benefit the most , and get to see him swing over far more crosses for our now ultra potent front 3 to tap home :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here