Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Alcoholic/like a beer or two too much?

7 Not allowed!
    Bit of a sore one, but has anyone ever gone from complete lush head, done a medicated Detox and come out of the other side? Ideally my aim is to give up booze completely, so any tips would be welcome👍I am on day three? Cheers.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Don’t feel like you’ve fallen off the wagon if you have a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StillHateBellotti View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bit of a sore one, but has anyone ever gone from complete lush head, done a medicated Detox and come out of the other side? Ideally my aim is to give up booze completely, so any tips would be welcome��I am on day three? Cheers.
      No, but good luck in wishing to change your direction in life for the better. Stay positive and in time it will get easier to deal with.
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

1 Not allowed!
      Try Alcoholics Anonymous. Completely non-judgemental and meeting with people who remain sober for a good part of their lifetime.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?

2 Not allowed!
      Well done for completing 3 days - I posted this previously on another thread but..

..I finally managed to knock the drinking on the head 18 months or so ago. The key for me was to 'understand' the science behind alcohol. So I decided to sign up for a free 30 day online experiment - check it out here: https://www.alcoholexperiment.com

Now I finally understand alcohol (I won't spoil the surprises!) I am totally switched off to the idea of drinking. Who knows if I'll use alcohol again but right now I just don't want to, I've literally no desire whatsoever which, for a moderate binge drinker since my teens and in my late 30s, is quite a turnaround!

If you can spare 10-20 mins a day for 30 days to watch a course of daily videos, read a supporting article and keep an online journal then I'd thoroughly recommend the Alcohol Experiment even if you're just a looking to cut down (which was my initial goal) or go fully alcohol free... for me it's been brilliant. Quite possibly a life-changer!

PM me if you want more info (without coming across all 'preachy'!)

https://www.alcoholexperiment.com

PS, don't know how true this is but in-take plenty of Protein, Magnesium and Pri-biotics in the first couple of weeks - apparently your body will cry out for these whilst you're coming off the booze so it'll help with initial cravings.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I recommend looking at One Year No Beer. Good support there
      First REMF goalscorer - EVER

4 Not allowed!
      I live about a mile away from the Pilsner Urquell/Gambrinus brewery. I have to drink beer. Its the law.
      Members

8 Not allowed!
      "Come out the other side" Yeah it can be done, believe me. proud to say I guess I am 18 months with zero units new career, house, good health, offered work also in support services and with the homeless so I look forward to volunteering at some point, when I have the time (I keep very very busy with stuff).
      3 days in

be sure to mention this
      Quote Originally Posted by StillHateBellotti View Post
      Suffer PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and a dose of OCD in there for good measure. I am officially pickled��
      to whoever has prescribed your detox if you haven't . The 2 are horribly intertwined, anxiety for me was terrifying

For me, meditation, yoga, walking,music, sound therapy, chess all help(ed) with my anxiety and over active brain. Food, you'll get back into food! Keep busy. Make "to do" lists. Be patient.
      Be prepared to miss out on things. If the football isnt the same without a few beers, consider not going. It's not the same for me if I'm honest. Be "selfish" if you need to, put your wellness first (if it doesn't impact too much on others) you dont have to go on work do's, or attend weddings for example. Stay focused And Patient.

Consider AA (didn't suit me) or other meetup groups. Different horses, different courses. Make plans for payday which don't involve going for a big night out. It isnt "failing" if you take a drink (depending on who you ask)

I have loads of tips and if you want to chat ever or feel shite feel free to PM me.
      Last edited by maffew; 10-07-2019 at 23:45.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinplzen View Post
      I live about a mile away from the Pilsner Urquell/Gambrinus brewery. I have to drink beer. Its the law.
      Ho big a radius is allowed here Dave?

I live 1156 miles from the same brewery.