Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Would a Boris Johnson PM gives the Tories are wider appeal?

How would you vote if a Boris Johnson PM called a election?

• I’ll still vote Tory

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • I’ll still vote Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • I’ll still vote Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • Switching from Brexit/UKIP to Tory

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Switching from Lab/Lib/other to Tory

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Switching from Tory to Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Switching from Tory to Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
.....and, in response to the OP......

Yes, I think it probably would.

I detest the newly-slender fraud, but I agree with you. Tory votes will go up It matters not that mostly sensible NSC would rather cut their own John Thomas off with a rusty carving knife (even the women) than see Trump's Poodle take an unsteady hand at the helm. In the wider UK, the gormless love a rogue. Women want to shag him, and mentwant to be him. And this is why the tory MPs are backing him. Winner. The party rank and file are more capricious but he'll win the leadership hands down. I won't predict the GE result until after he's ****ed up Brexit - will depend on who he's let down or pissed off the most. The Ulstermen are almost certainly likey to be new enemies of his....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his policies is also a ****ing ****

I strongly object to your use of the word ‘policies’ in this, and will be reporting it to the Mods.

It’s neither fair nor appropriate to use such a word when talking about Boris Johnson.

A truer and more reasonable contribution would have been, for example:

Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his incompetent self-interested childish public schoolboy head boy posturing disorganised shambolic offensive mendacious me me me shitshow of an embarrassing inadequate ill-informed farcical disgrace is also a ****ing ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I strongly object to your use of the word ‘policies’ in this, and will be reporting it to the Mods.

It’s neither fair nor appropriate to use such a word when talking about Boris Johnson.

A truer and more reasonable contribution would have been, for example:

Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his incompetent self-interested childish public schoolboy head boy posturing disorganised shambolic offensive mendacious me me me shitshow of an embarrassing inadequate ill-informed farcical disgrace is also a ****ing ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the word 'job' more offensive....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting the result so far on this poll tends to indicate well over 50% of NSC contributors would vote labour / lib dem it's time Labour / Greens/ Lib Dems to be selective regarding the fourth coming election to ensure this Tory Brexit Boris madness

I voted Labour last GE because Peter Kyle is such a good MP. If the parties did that kind of stitch up there is no way I would vote for any of them. If they want to do that then merge and become one party - don't corrupt the democratic process. If they did that and I voted for Peter Kyle I'd also be supporting the Lib Dems and that is NEVER going to happen.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I voted Labour last GE because Peter Kyle is such a good MP. The parties did that kind of stitch up there is no way I would vote for any of them. If they want to do that then merge and become one party - don't corrupt the democratic process. If they did that and I voted for Peter Kyle I'd also be supporting the Lib Dems and that is NEVER going to happen.

Corrupt the system? FPTP corrupts the system. If there was PR and every vote counted they’d be no need to agree pacts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
**** me - SIXTEEN people admitting on here they’d vote for a racist piece of shit. That’s genuinely surprised me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Corrupt the system? FPTP corrupts the system. If there was PR and every vote counted they’d be no need to agree pacts.

I agree with you about PR versus FPTP .... although I'm not sure how happy you would have been with the number of UKIP MPs in 2015. PR has also allowed The Brexit Party to put rather a lot of MEPs into your beloved EU Parliament :wink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his policies is also a ****ing ****

Amen to that. I'd vote for Alan Pardew if he had a chance against Johnson in my constituency.

Who votes for such evil scum?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree with you about PR versus FPTP .... although I'm not sure how happy you would have been with the number of UKIP MPs in 2015. PR has also allowed The Brexit Party to put rather a lot of MEPs into your beloved EU Parliament :wink:

True. But then that’s the benefit ie it encourages small and/or new parties and enables them to get traction quickly. If we had PR I think you’d start to see quite a different political landscape. At the moment it’s pointless to start a new party as nigh on impossible to break through in a constituency. I appreciate the Greens have done it but how long did that take? Contrast this to PR nations; it’s very different.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
True. But then that’s the benefit ie it encourages small and/or new parties and enables them to get traction quickly. If we had PR I think you’d start to see quite a different political landscape. At the moment it’s pointless to start a new party as nigh on impossible to break through in a constituency. I appreciate the Greens have done it but how long did that take? Contrast this to PR nations; it’s very different.

I wouldn't even say the Greens have done it - well not in the UK. There's always suggestions that they'll take the Bristol seat but bar that no real chance of expanding on Lucas ( who really is a very good MP ) - pity the local Green Party were so poor in council. *** awaits TLO to turn up ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Exactly. Rough with the smooth but at least it's actual democracy. Instead of the dogshit vs parma violets that we currently have. 10391777-1.gif

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Geez...who would want to vote for a party led by BJ ..well a few on here..he’s a nob..buffoon etc...didn’t support our ambassador to the USA ...Trump and BJ would make a lovely couple ...and then we have JC :facepalm:
It’s a disgrace ..people died in wars to protect our democracy ...i don't think the poll covers my view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here