Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Would a Boris Johnson PM gives the Tories are wider appeal?

How would you vote if a Boris Johnson PM called a election?

• I’ll still vote Tory

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • I’ll still vote Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • I’ll still vote Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • Switching from Brexit/UKIP to Tory

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Switching from Lab/Lib/other to Tory

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Switching from Tory to Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Switching from Tory to Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It all depends on the much trumpeted " Benefits " of leaving Europe, if a GE is called very soon after Brexit it may well go against him if the initial 3 months or so after leaving turn in to the cluster**** predicted. If it's not too bad he might get in on a tide of hope and optimism before the Unicorn free reality kicks in after 6 months or so when we realise most of us are worse off.

You may be right, but just like the rest of us you are guessing. Personally, I think he will call an election very soon after 31 Oct, and perversely, if parliament stops Brexit, then he will receive a big boost in the polls as it is easy to see how that narrative will likely pan out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You may be right, but just like the rest of us you are guessing. Personally, I think he will call an election very soon after 31 Oct, and perversely, if parliament stops Brexit, then he will receive a big boost in the polls as it is easy to see how that narrative will likely pan out.

True, its all about Boris really. Just had a week in Cornwall and one of the local papers carried the headline of " No Deal Brexit will be Worse Than Foot and Mouth Outbreak " so, whatever happens, huge swathes of the country will be very upset and Boris is the one person least likely to bring us together.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yeah, I mean on the one hand we have a man and party who have resided over a rise in poverty, homelessness, homeless deaths, food bank use, cuts to the NHS, cuts to education, cuts to police... and on the other, we have a man who wants to fund our health service, education service, police properly... Tough choice... ???

yep, and tax everyone accordingly. And we all know that the voters are only too happy to lose money each month, as I am sure that you are . .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
[/B]

yep, and tax everyone accordingly. And we all know that the voters are only too happy to lose money each month, as I am sure that you are . .

I’m a teacher and I’d happily pay a bit more tax each month as I see on a daily basis what happens when you underfund education. So there’s that and, you know, you could stop handing out massive tax breaks worth billions that directly benefit the wealthy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is in a win win situation If he gets a deal he will be a hero if he doesn't it will be the other idiots remainer MPs fault and either way if he goes to the country with a date for GE during November he will be returned with a large overall majority.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[/B]

Tax payers will pay more tax if they see if being spent honestly and wisely, for the benefit of society.
Cutting back 20K police officers and then promising new ones 9 years layers is foolish, and costs more in the long run. The Justice system has been run into the ground with 50% of magistrates courts closing, privatisation of the Probation Service, which has been a disaster.
Add to that the privileged MPs being greedy with their expenses, tax breaks for the rich, it's no wonder the tax paying public feel disillusioned.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is in a win win situation If he gets a deal he will be a hero if he doesn't it will be the other idiots remainer MPs fault and either way if he goes to the country with a date for GE during November he will be returned with a large overall majority.

Thankfully people are starting to see through this.

Only an idiot can’t see his plan.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I’m a teacher and I’d happily pay a bit more tax each month as I see on a daily basis what happens when you underfund education. So there’s that and, you know, you could stop handing out massive tax breaks worth billions that directly benefit the wealthy.

I'd rather not pay a penny extra to fund Corbyns lunatic schemes because those pennies will keep mounting until the countries broke again like the last time Labour held the purse strings

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd rather not pay a penny extra to fund Corbyns lunatic schemes because those pennies will keep mounting until the countries broke again like the last time Labour held the purse strings

Lunatic economic schemes that are common place across the developed world? And you do realise Since 2010 the Tories have created way more public debt than every single Labour government in history combined? They’ve also slashed investment back as part of their ideological austerity drive, so that we have one of the lowest levels of investment anywhere in the developed world at just 1.7% of GDP (around half the average).

They've also exacerbated the situation by creating the worst slump in workers' purchasing power since records began (a wage slump matched only by crisis-stricken Greece anywhere else in the developed world).

The result of course has been almost an entire decade of economic stagnation. But why worry about all of that when we can just blame the Labour government from a decade ago... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here