Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feel good factor on the up after seeing this......

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-development-squad-players-who-are-on-tour-in-austria/

Six development squad players taken to Austria.

I must say that this is so very positive and coupled with the interview and footage from the Club Website of Aaron Connolly, I reckon this season we may get a couple of the lads playing on a very regular basis. It would be great if Connolly or Gyokeres hit the ground running. I would give them some serious game time pre-season and see where it leads us.

My Albion Mojo is on the up......

TNBA

TTF

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
PS / they take that amount of u23s on the pre season trip every year.

They don't.

Last summer Ben Barclay, Ben White and Viktor Gyokeres went, and Hugo Keto joined the camp once he had signed (as Maty Ryan was still on an extended break).

In the summer of 2017 the only youngster involved was Robert Sanchez (as Ryan was again on an extended break).

In the summer of 2016 Sanchez went along, as did Tom Dallison, Rob Hunt and Henrik Bjordal.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-development-squad-players-who-are-on-tour-in-austria/

Six development squad players taken to Austria.

I must say that this is so very positive and coupled with the interview and footage from the Club Website of Aaron Connolly, I reckon this season we may get a couple of the lads playing on a very regular basis. It would be great if Connolly or Gyokeres hit the ground running. I would give them some serious game time pre-season and see where it leads us.

My Albion Mojo is on the up......

TNBA

TTF

Nope still on the floor

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They don't.

Last summer Ben Barclay, Ben White and Viktor Gyokeres went, and Hugo Keto joined the camp once he had signed (as Maty Ryan was still on an extended break).

In the summer of 2017 the only youngster involved was Robert Sanchez (as Ryan was again on an extended break).

In the summer of 2016 Sanchez went along, as did Tom Dallison, Rob Hunt and Henrik Bjordal.

Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is your new avatar? I think i recognise it but cant think where from...its going to be music isnt it...

No, it is carving in the chalk cliffs on an obscure beach down here in the south east 'estremity'. I took the photo myself a few weeks ago. It looks.....evocative :lolol:

:thumbsup:

ps I was tempted to use this :lolol:

surface agent.gif

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
I must admit to being slightly surprised and disappointed that Tudor Baluta hasn't gone with them. Very highly regarded in Romania, only 20 and already has 5 full international caps to his name.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I must admit to being slightly surprised and disappointed that Tudor Baluta hasn't gone with them. Very highly regarded in Romania, only 20 and already has 5 full international caps to his name.

Let the poor lad have a break! He was still playing for the Romanian U-21s less than a fortnight ago!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
They don't.

thanks AZ. Sloppy stuff on my part !!
I think my fair ? point is that assuming that # of under 23s invited onto pre-season trip is somehow an indicator of their first team usage in following season is a bit of a stretch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here