Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Yet another club communication with a new women's team signing. Constant trolling.

Have I missed a way to limit club communications to specifically what I want to hear about? If not, should the club offer an opt-out of news spam for Women's, or even U23 for those that just don't care...?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
To be fair they are trying to be deliberately misleading with headlines like “Albion sign new keeper”
All they need to do is put “ladies” after Albion but no and it is getting a bit tedious now

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's not trolling, unless the definition has broadened somewhat. It might be more 'clickbait' but definitely not trolling.

They are pushing the ladies football as lots of other places are as it's gaining in popularity. It's here to stay, so time to get used to it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just filter the club emails off into the junk folder with the rest of the spam.

There is literally nothing important that is in the *clickbait* that they are now sending that isn't on the club website.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I don’t know why people get so pissed off about it. Open the email, look at the picture and then either read it or don’t read it. There must be worse things going on in people’s lives to worry about.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#PrayForOriginUnknown

Sad times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are we going to get these threads every time the club signs a woman? We are not Crystal Palace - the womens team is part of the club, so new signings for the womens team are signings made by the club. It is club news.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don’t know why people get so pissed off about it. Open the email, look at the picture and then either read it or don’t read it. There must be worse things going on in people’s lives to worry about.

Just that the club marketing is being tricksy and deliberately sneaky - and there is no need for it.

3 times recently at least - Into the Junk folder it all now automatically goes !

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'm all for supporting the women's game and genuinely pleased with the increased exposure but these emails are definitely designed for clicks!

Massive troll is massive troll

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Are we going to get these threads every time the club signs a woman? We are not Crystal Palace - the womens team is part of the club, so new signings for the womens team are signings made by the club. It is club news.

Label it as such then, rather than go for the headline. It will be "Albion sign new striker" next, there will then be the relevant threads on here!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, but I've made a poll.

And I've answered : Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Which is what they're doing.

Like it or lump it every single team we have will be referred to as 'Albion' or Seagulls or whatever the hell they like. So when you get an email saying 'Albion sign BlahBlahBlah' they are being factually accurate.

FFS the club has consistently been about inclusivity and togetherness so why would they use exclusive names in their marketing.

The women are part of the football club. They're going to be called Albion in communications for as long as they exist I should imagine and people will have to learn to get on with it. Or just f**king ignore it for gawds sake.

Aaaaaand breathe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here