Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign new keeper!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Fecking annoying isn't it!

Please just insert the word ' women's'. Please see previous extensive thread for details. :(

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
bed-wet.jpg

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I knew it wouldn’t be the men’s team so didn’t bother opening it.

It does still feel all a bit forced to me but understand the club’s reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Right. So being progressive and non-discriminatory is BS? Marvellous.

#togetherbutnotifitsnotthemen’sfirstteam

Its not progressive. Its clickbait, pure and simple. I wish the ladies team well, but I am not interested in their news. I am interested in the men's team news and somewhat in the U23 and U18 team news. I, along with the 23000 season ticket holders, of which at least 22,800 are not similarly season ticket holders for the ladies team, do not wish to continue to be misled into believing that there is a worthwhile piece of news issued relating to my interests when it is misleading and attempting to generate my interest in something else. It's that simple. Neither is it discriminatory. My affiliation is to the team I have supported since a boy. Am I being discriminatory not supporting every other team in the land also? Or just the one you feel I should support?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its not progressive. Its clickbait, pure and simple. I wish the ladies team well, but I am not interested in their news. I am interested in the men's team news and somewhat in the U23 and U18 team news. I, along with the 23000 season ticket holders, of which at least 22,800 are not similarly season ticket holders for the ladies team, do not wish to continue to be misled into believing that there is a worthwhile piece of news issued relating to my interests when it is misleading and attempting to generate my interest in something else. It's that simple. Neither is it discriminatory. My affiliation is to the team I have supported since a boy. Am I being discriminatory not supporting every other team in the land also? Or just the one you feel I should support?

Why should the marketing be just what you're interested in? The arrogance that just because you don't want it therefore everyone else doesn't want it? I want to know, my daughter wants to know, so stick that in your pipe :p

(thanks to the OP for my drawing my attention to it, btw :thumbsup: )

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've just read the pieces on the club website about the transfer.

It was interesting, and well done to the club for that. Indeed, welcome to the albion, Megan.

However, I really find the artful clickbait email titles incredibly annoying.

Sort it out, Albion.

If you point blank refuse to put 'albion women' in the email title, at least put the player name there... then we can guess the content and perhaps not be sneakily misled.

It's the underhandedness and trickery I have a problem with.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Why should the marketing be just what you're interested in? The arrogance that just because you don't want it therefore everyone else doesn't want it? I want to know, my daughter wants to know, so stick that in your pipe :p

Then it would be a simple thing for the club to enter the word 'ladies' into the headline. Then we could all choose. Then we would all be happy, except those who have an agenda to force everyone to accept one position.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

I am sick of clicking on to an item and then finding its about the female game, when the headline suggests its about The Albion,Man u etc, I realise efforts to try to draw attention to their games eg issuing free tickets to inflate attendances,no problem in showing in the heading that it is a womens item, or a pullout

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Then it would be a simple thing for the club to enter the word 'ladies' into the headline. Then we could all choose. Then we would all be happy, except those who have an agenda to force everyone to accept one position.

I find it hard to summon outrage over this. It was obviously the women. And if not, so what? In any case, if you want 'women' labels, you could equally argue all the men's team notices shoud have 'men' after 'Albion'. I can only imagine the meltdown on NSC if the club emails us something headed 'half time nosh'. Some will be outraged, and others will be bitterly disappointed. :facepalm::lolol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

So the women don't represent Brighton and Hove Albion then? Right ok. IF you genuinely believe they dont then yes you are discriminating against the club for daring to have a women's team - which you rightly may or may not be that interested in - but to say they should insert an additional moniker in to help you determine what it does or doesn't relate to is frankly absurd.

We wouldn't all be happy, you would.

Why is it click bait to say that we, the club, have signed someone? Would you feel the same if you were alerted to a development squad signing or perhaps even an u18 player without the appropriate pro-noun to help you decide your specific level of interest? Unlikely, you would probably choose to engage and read it but not feel the ludicrous levels of unnecessary rage that you clearly do about it being something to do with the women's team and not the men's first XI.

As others have said to be taken in expecting it to be about the men's team when we all know if we were in for an international of any half decent world XI it would have already been plastered wall to wall on here, twitter etc and then displaying such opprobrium when it isn't is just yet another increasingly common example of finding something to be offended about. Grow up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
When was the last time we signed a male player without a single solitary rumour starting about it beforehand on Twitter/ NSC/ WhatsApp/ mates in the pub/ whatever? Seriously?

Transfer email rule #1: if you've not heard about it in advance, IT'S GOING TO BE A WOMAN. I hope that makes it easier for the more easily upset amongst you.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
In any case, if you want 'women' labels, you could equally argue all the men's team notices should have 'men' after 'Albion'....

No problem with that. Either, or... as long as it highlights wether it's the mens or ladies teams and I'm given a choice to open the email.

People say "get over yourself, delete it and move on". Do the same people say the same when they click on things like "Your account has been compromised, please change your password" to find the sender is psc67a9ff@yandex.ec and not 'Halifax PLC' ?

Good on the ladies for signing a keeper. Best of luck to them. Really. Well done. Just give me a choice as to wether I want to read all about it please.. :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No problem with that. Either, or... as long as it highlights wether it's the mens or ladies teams and I'm given a choice to open the email.

People say "get over yourself, delete it and move on". Do the same people say the same when they click on things like "Your account has been compromised, please change your password" to find the sender is psc67a9ff@yandex.ec and not 'Halifax PLC' ?

Good on the ladies for signing a keeper. Best of luck to them. Really. Well done. Just give me a choice as to wether I want to read all about it please.. :)

No, I don't bother clicking those emails, as they're inevitably nothing. I have a choice, you see.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here