[Albion] Liam Rosenior joins Derby coaching staff

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good luck Liam.

It's been a joy having you at our club.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Quite tempted to go to the odd Derby game now to see how they get on under his influence - shrewd move by them - their manager changes quite often - Liam is an ideal manager in waiting for them

Once has moved family up - he will find no shortage of clubs within an hours commute in various directions should he ever leave Derby

Me too - Not far from me. Will be interesting to see the dynamic between him and the new Manager because I don't think they know each other until now. I often wonder how some coaching staff get linked together when there hasn't been any connections through their careers.

Really hope Liam does well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He served us well and good to see him progress but I dont think that he will be missed by us in the near future perhaps in a few seasons as he develops he may.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He may have simply smelled the money.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
well I realise its a shithole but Derby aint no ****ing Shangri- la! Plus it was first team and he could not have known he was gonna be offered another role. so still a bit odd.

It's pretty obvious that he felt he would gain far more being under the tutelage of Cocu (great managerial record at PSV and AssMan when the Netherlands got to the WCFinal) than by being part of Woodgate's old boys club. He wasn't part of the first team set up with us, and you'd imagine that Melvyn wants them to push for promotion again.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Good luck to him.I think some on here buy this player loyalty a little to much.Players/coaches move on we are not that special.It is the fans who really love their clubs.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It's quite funny how in this day and age, a bloke who can string a few words together (no wordsmith mind) who has been at best throughtout his career, a reserve, can be considered a legend!

Don't get me wrong, decent player in championship, got a brain, but.....?

What have I missed here?

Nothing...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Gutted. Hope they appreciate him as much as we do.

He's been pretty well received, as much as any back room member of staff may be anyway.

Enjoyed the usual Derby is a hole responses, I suspect most haven't been anywhere other than Derby city centre which I'll grant you isn't the most thrilling place on earth - Mostly because nobody lives there....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's been pretty well received, as much as any back room member of staff may be anyway.

Enjoyed the usual Derby is a hole responses, I suspect most haven't been anywhere other than Derby city centre which I'll grant you isn't the most thrilling place on earth - Mostly because nobody lives there....

When people were talking about Boro, I mentioned the North Yorks moors, and when I think of Derby, I think of the Peak District.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shame he is joining a wanky club

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck to him, fantastic guy, Derby have a gem there. Thanks Liam for your time at the club you are a class act on and off the pitch.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
It's quite funny how in this day and age, a bloke who can string a few words together (no wordsmith mind) who has been at best throughtout his career, a reserve, can be considered a legend!

Don't get me wrong, decent player in championship, got a brain, but.....?

What have I missed here?
Apart from the many references to him being a huge dressing room influence and a key figure in the whole concept of "Together"? Granted, it was a marketing idea by the club but it became VERY apparent that was a crucial element in the dressing room since the Shoreham disaster.

He may have not had a massive influence on the playing field, but off it he was a major element in how our club was functioning. It goes beyond being articulate, he's an intangible asset that will be greatly missed.

Thank god we've managed to keep Bruno around,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite, Boro has fantastic coastline and countryside all around it. Derby has also, expect to the East. Down the A52 ��

My sister in law has a Sheffield postcode but lives right on the border with Derbyshire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here