Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior joins Derby coaching staff

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we not get over emotional about this? He’s been a great ambassador and articulate pundit but he’s hardly critical to the running of the club and he’s chosen to go elsewhere to further his career. Good luck to him but I won’t be worrying about it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mans a legend - really, really top bloke. Was a top player and pro too. See you again soon I’m sure Liam.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We’ll go on without him, but you want people like that involved at the Albion.

Best of luck Liam. You were a passionate player and articulate advocate for our club. You’ll always be welcome back at the Amex.

Undoubtedly this is a promotion for him. Even if it wasn’t, a move to a similar role at another club would be an intelligent career move.

Can we not get over emotional about this? He’s been a great ambassador and articulate pundit but he’s hardly critical to the running of the club and he’s chosen to go elsewhere to further his career. Good luck to him but I won’t be worrying about it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good luck Liam. Great professional. Will never forget him after the S Wed play off game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agree with this. Some people do seem to be going a bit OTT, especially on Twitter (fancy that :rolleyes: ) He didn't exactly have a stellar career at the club, far from it, he won't be GREATLY missed in that sense. Its right to wish him well of course, but I won't be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why couldn't we have offered him a similar role? Seems a big shame to lose him...

As well as Bruno ?

Sorry Graham, but here’s a load of first team coaches thrust upon you

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
makes you wonder why he declined boro?

2ec652dd0b36d6901b157beadff0de1a.jpg

Not really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
well I realise its a shithole but Derby aint no ****ing Shangri- la! Plus it was first team and he could not have known he was gonna be offered another role. so still a bit odd.

Could have been holding out for the job Bruno got or maybe he just didn’t like Potter when he met him and put him in charge of player theatrical productions :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really sad news. Love the guy. Great role model and an asset to our club. Shame we couldn't have found a better job for him but maybe the new manager is bringing his own people in so the incumbents have to move on.

Sad day

Liam was assistant manager of the Under 23s. The new manager wouldn't bring in his own youth manager, would he? Simon Rusk had better watch his back.

Pleased for Liam if it means a further step towards his aim of being a manager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
well I realise its a shithole but Derby aint no ****ing Shangri- la! Plus it was first team and he could not have known he was gonna be offered another role. so still a bit odd.

I doubt whether he was actually offered the Boro job. From what I recall, there were some reports floating about that his "name was in the frame", ie the usual pissing-in-the-wind bollocks from the redtops before they appointed Woodgate, but he was obviously never offered it.

I'd agree Derby is far from being a utopia. But a recent study by the World Health Organisation found that Middlesbrough is second only to Croydon as the most desperate, miserable, festering slum this side of the favela's of Rio, full of pasty, slack-jawed, unemployable dead-eyed ratboys. He'd have been mad to go there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Liam was assistant manager of the Under 23s. The new manager wouldn't bring in his own youth manager, would he? Simon Rusk had better watch his back.

Pleased for Liam if it means a further step towards his aim of being a manager.
Rusk and Potter were players together at Boston Utd. Either they get on historically, or they don't.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Quite tempted to go to the odd Derby game now to see how they get on under his influence - shrewd move by them - their manager changes quite often - Liam is an ideal manager in waiting for them

Once has moved family up - he will find no shortage of clubs within an hours commute in various directions should he ever leave Derby

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I doubt whether he was actually offered the Boro job. From what I recall, there were some reports floating about that his "name was in the frame", ie the usual pissing-in-the-wind bollocks from the redtops before they appointed Woodgate, but he was obviously never offered it.

I'd agree Derby is far from being a utopia. But a recent study by the World Health Organisation found that Middlesbrough is second only to Croydon as the most desperate, miserable, festering slum this side of the favela's of Rio, full of pasty, slack-jawed, unemployable dead-eyed ratboys. He'd have been mad to go there.

I thought he was said to have been offered a role in Woodgate's team of coaches but hey ho. Who knows.

Second para - no argument with!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's quite funny how in this day and age, a bloke who can string a few words together (no wordsmith mind) who has been at best throughtout his career, a reserve, can be considered a legend!

Don't get me wrong, decent player in championship, got a brain, but.....?

What have I missed here?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's quite funny how in this day and age, a bloke who can string a few words together (no wordsmith mind) who has been at best throughtout his career, a reserve, can be considered a legend!

Don't get me wrong, decent player in championship, got a brain, but.....?

What have I missed here?

What have you missed?

Everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here