Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 141
  1. #11
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,703


    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bruce rumour seems to be getting the Toon fans excited. Hometown hero, with a proven track record wherever he’s been of getting clubs into the PL and keeping them there. The last thing we need is a reinvigorated Newcastle United next season.
    Personally, i think that's one of your best.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12

      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normal Rob View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Personally, i think that's one of your best.
      Agreed. Got a bite inside two minutes from a poster who should know better.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man
    • #13
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      54,783


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dick Swiveller View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed. Got a bite inside two minutes from a poster who should know better.
      What? I was agreeing with him
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi
    • #14
      Members B-right-on's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Shoreham Beaaaach
      Posts
      1,926


      0 Not allowed!
      Was just thinking how TB would never go with one of the "merry go round" of crap managers and how lucky we are to have someone with vision.
    • #15
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      4,092


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was just thinking how TB would never go with one of the "merry go round" of crap managers and how lucky we are to have someone with vision.
      But sometimes you need a manager to stabilise what you have rather than build something new. I think they could do worse.
    • #16
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      26,824


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The lack of imagination in hiring managers in this country! We should introduce the BAP rule that says none of Bruce, Alardyce, or Pardew can be interviewed for any managerial position in the top two leagues, and if David Moyes' surname had not been Moyes and had begun with an 'S' I would have included him as well.
      That list is longer;

      David Moyes
      Steve Bruce
      Alan Pardew
      Ian Holloway
      Colin Wanker
      Steve McClaren
      Sam Allardyce
      Roy Hodgson
      Tony Pulis
      Mark Hughes

      All either boring or shit, and all seems to endlessly land jobs around bottom end Prem/top half Champ. Glad we've never gone near any of them.
      Last edited by Mellotron; 10-07-2019 at 14:43.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
    • #17

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What? I was agreeing with him
      Ah - it was THAT rolling eyes smiley. (NO, I WILL NOT CALL THEM EMOTICONS).
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man
    • #18
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      57,496


      0 Not allowed!
      As a great wise knowledgeable man once said:-

      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once again so so many posters on NSC should hang their heads in shame.

      The drivel posted in those 5 (five) days of turmoil waiting for PottyTime was frightening.

      TBH it would still look out of place if the club waited 3 weeks only to unveil Steve Freakin Bruce
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #19

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But sometimes you need a manager to stabilise what you have rather than build something new. I think they could do worse.
      Ashley simply wants to keep Newcastle in the prem for as little expenditure as possible. It's all about protecting the asset.

      To me, this smacks of getting a 'yes' man in who won't kick off when it becomes apparent barely any of the income will be made available to re-invest in the squad. Feel free to bounce this on day 1 of the season but I imagine they will spend under £50m in total despite losing Rondon and Perez and probably Longstaff.

      Yes, we have taken a risk by departing with CH who could be seen as a 'safe' pair of hands and going in a new direction, but at least our chairman is making SOME sort of effort to push us away from just being a team 'happy to survive'.

      If they didn't get in two new strikers of quality before the season starts, they are in deep trouble in my opinion. Don't underestimate how important Rondon was to them.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
    • #20
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      26,824


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If they didn't get in two new strikers of quality before the season starts, they are in deep trouble in my opinion. Don't underestimate how important Rondon was to them.
      The link up play of Perez and Rondon was superb at times, and absolutely vital to the Toon, as you say.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •