Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruce to Newcastle rumour

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The fact that they have been relegated twice and they are in the top division sort of means that they have been promoted at least twice as well. Its not as if they have been in the top division for their entire history or have a past which has always been laden with silverware. Mid table in the top division is above their historic average finish.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Promotd 3x unless they started off in the top flight:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like it’s happening.

What chance CH to Massive [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] ?

I think he’d be exactly the right man for them personally.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
From wiki (I didn't know this):
In 1999, while manager of Huddersfield, he wrote a trio of novels: Striker!, Sweeper! and Defender!. The books centred on fictional football manager Steve Barnes, based on Bruce, who solved murder mysteries and thwarted terrorists. Bruce later expressed his embarrassment at the books, which have become sought-after collectables

He's got a 38.5% win rate, Rafa has 49.9%.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
In 1999, while manager of Huddersfield, he wrote a trio of novels: Striker!, Sweeper! and Defender!. The books centred on fictional football manager Steve Barnes, based on Bruce, who solved murder mysteries and thwarted terrorists. Bruce later expressed his embarrassment at the books, which have become sought-after collectables

Please, everyone on NSC, go and have a listen to Quickly Kevin’s (Josh Widdicombe’s 90’s football podcast) sensational readings of all of his books. I’m not a fan of the pod but their collection of Bruce’s literature is some of the best content in that form!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

The Set Pieces have done reviews of at least two of those books, well worth a read:

https://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/
https://thesetpieces.com/features/defender-steve-bruce-review/

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Does that mean Newcastle avoid paying compensation - bit nawty if so.
Maybe SW wanted too much from Newcastle. If they asked for reasonable compensation I suspect they would have got it but now that have £0. And no manager too!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Bruce rumour seems to be getting the Toon fans excited. Hometown hero, with a proven track record wherever he’s been of getting clubs into the PL and keeping them there. The last thing we need is a reinvigorated Newcastle United next season.

Top TOP bombing, Crodo! :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Waste of money getting a world class manager in for this shower of shite. You wouldn't hire Gordon Ramsey to work in McDonalds"

- Mike Ashley

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
They love CH up there, he could make himself a hero if he got them up. I recall they had a strong finish last year so the foundations are there for him to take them forward. I wonder what the odds are for him to take the job....EDIT 6/4 fav to take over at Wednesday.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They love CH up there, he could make himself a hero if he got them up. I recall they had a strong finish last year so the foundations are there for him to take them forward. I wonder what the odds are for him to take the job....

If Newcastle sell a couple more forwards Hughton's return will be odds on. :lol: :facepalm:

Oh I've flicked over to twitter and was greeted by:-

[tweet]1150767036886376449[/tweet]

He's on his way
He's on his way...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here