NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]1150784880806105088[/tweet]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bruce to Newcastle is music to my little Albion ears.

Good luck Steve. See you in the bottom 3.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
SSN saying Newcastle prepared to pay £4m compensation to land Steve Bruce. it's official - the world has gone mad.!
He's a money grabbing **** that's been to about 10 clubs with the 11th waiting in the wings. From Sheffield United, through Huddersfield, Wigan, palace and Birmingham in the space of 3 years and then 5 more clubs with shit football. Can you tell I don't like him?[emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
SSN saying Newcastle prepared to pay £4m compensation to land Steve Bruce. it's official - the world has gone mad.!
He's left Wednesday so it's a done deal. Usual LCD economics from Ashley. Bruce (apparently) being paid £1m a year, Rafa was on £6m.

MA is also sanctioning the sale of players while nobody's in charge. It's car crash stuff.

I'm not sure what game Ashley is playing (fake Sheikh deal notwithstanding) but it's always going to be about money, not Newcastle United FC.

It's great. For us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh and the sensible Wedslol fans I know all want Hughton (with Bruno) to replace SB. I say sensible in that they know what a great manager he is, not the likelihood of him going there.

Where's that Sid James smiley that they love? [emoji23]

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's a money grabbing **** that's been to about 10 clubs with the 11th waiting in the wings. From Sheffield United, through Huddersfield, Wigan, palace and Birmingham in the space of 3 years and then 5 more clubs with shit football. Can you tell I don't like him?[emoji23]

You seem to have left out his greatest spell as manager of any club - Leddersford/Leddersfield Town. Not only did he beat Fulham in the top-of-the-table-clash despite his Assistant Manager trying to shoot him with a sniper, but he also solved the murder of his star-striker Pat Duffy. With glowing reviews like the one below, you cannot tell me he isn't one of the best of all time, if not the greatest. Never has a man done more for one club.

"Take Leddersford up, and you’ll be talk of the town,” the driver said.
I smiled. That was a nice play on words. Talk of the town.
Leddersford Town."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's left Wednesday so it's a done deal. Usual LCD economics from Ashley. Bruce (apparently) being paid £1m a year, Rafa was on £6m.

MA is also sanctioning the sale of players while nobody's in charge. It's car crash stuff.

I'm not sure what game Ashley is playing (fake Sheikh deal notwithstanding) but it's always going to be about money, not Newcastle United FC.

It's great. For us.

I'm finding all this very intriguing. There was a piece in the Standard tonight about Ashley not properly funding House of Fraser while having indulged in a long run of smash and grab buyouts. Big fall in share price (HoF not Ashly Enterproses - yet). There were stories a short while back about his legendary drinking and drunken deal making (deal later rescinded) etc. The man is a testosterone driven risk taking hooligan, approaching a midlife crises as his belly starts to obscure his ever-shrinking penis. And therefore I agree with you - this could be tremendous news for us. :lolol:

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Newcastle United - the Sheffield Wednesday of the Premier League (for one more season at least)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
And Sunderland. :rolleyes:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm finding all this very intriguing. There was a piece in the Standard tonight about Ashley not properly funding House of Fraser while having indulged in a long run of smash and grab buyouts. Big fall in share price (HoF not Ashly Enterproses - yet). There were stories a short while back about his legendary drinking and drunken deal making (deal later rescinded) etc. The man is a testosterone driven risk taking hooligan, approaching a midlife crises as his belly starts to obscure his ever-shrinking penis. And therefore I agree with you - this could be tremendous news for us. :lolol:

As an aside, I bet you're correct and Ashley has a TINY penis. You can just tell.... ��

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think we are all being a bit harsh on old Brucey - he is a wise man, with a deep knowledge of many things...

Like the water systems of the north
"I could make out the reservoirs made to provide water to the big cities of Lancashire. These reservoirs, dotted everywhere in hidden valleys, are themselves fed with water from upland streams. The previous summer had been a wet one, and the streams were torrents still. In order to facilitate the collection of this hill water, the authorities, the Water Board, had constructed concrete watercourses. These allowed faster and more efficient collection of the rain water."

Cars and how well suited they are to tailing someone
"I drive a Jaguar XJ8, 3.2, the sports version. It’s a very nice motor; 3.2 litre AJ-V8 all alloy engine. Classic colour interior theme, fluted leather seats, contrast colour keyed facia, figured walnut veneer. As good a motor as you can hope to drive. But not a car you’d choose when trying to follow a Ford saloon in a discreet manner…my registration, license and all other statutory details are fully up to date…"

and Renaissance Drama
“A pair of star-crossed lovers,” I said to Julie.
She looked surprised.“That sounds clever, Steve. You have a way with words.”
“Not me. Old Bill Shakespeare.”
“Since when did you -?”
“When I was at school,” I replied. “Romeo and Juliet was a set text”
“You never cease to surprise me,” she said.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Oh and that would be the vomiting into the fireplace court case.

Where Ashley (allegedly) agreed to pay the bloke a few million quid if he got Sports Direct share price to a level, and then reneged on it.

Got taken to court and somehow won.

I still reckon he has a tiny penis. And is a complete and utter ****. ��

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think we are all being a bit harsh on old Brucey - he is a wise man, with a deep knowledge of many things...

Like the water systems of the north
"I could make out the reservoirs made to provide water to the big cities of Lancashire. These reservoirs, dotted everywhere in hidden valleys, are themselves fed with water from upland streams. The previous summer had been a wet one, and the streams were torrents still. In order to facilitate the collection of this hill water, the authorities, the Water Board, had constructed concrete watercourses. These allowed faster and more efficient collection of the rain water."

Cars and how well suited they are to tailing someone
"I drive a Jaguar XJ8, 3.2, the sports version. It’s a very nice motor; 3.2 litre AJ-V8 all alloy engine. Classic colour interior theme, fluted leather seats, contrast colour keyed facia, figured walnut veneer. As good a motor as you can hope to drive. But not a car you’d choose when trying to follow a Ford saloon in a discreet manner…my registration, license and all other statutory details are fully up to date…"

and Renaissance Drama
“A pair of star-crossed lovers,” I said to Julie.
She looked surprised.“That sounds clever, Steve. You have a way with words.”
“Not me. Old Bill Shakespeare.”
“Since when did you -?”
“When I was at school,” I replied. “Romeo and Juliet was a set text”
“You never cease to surprise me,” she said.
Amazing stuff. What a talent.

Newcastle fans will have to get used to Steve not being available when there's a wedding on though....

https://mobile.twitter.com/bruceatwedding

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think that’s covering up their prior overspending on their recent failed (LOL) promotion campaigns......so nothing available for new players ?
If they've covered their recent spend, they have all the '£39 million loss in 3 years' FFP 'target' available to splash out again ?

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Does the penis really shrink when you get older? Asking for a aging friend...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here