Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruce to Newcastle rumour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this happens surely MASSIVE will go for CH? They’d be mugs not to imo.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont think Bruce is that bad, I mean he isnt in the same class as Hughes, Pardew and Lambert. He turned Sheff Wed around last season and does well at getting teams out of the Championship.

As a Brighton fan I wouldnt be chuffed, but certainly not guranteed to go down, just dont expect to be pushing for europe or the top half.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well CH isn’t an option for Newcastle under any circumstances is he? Newcastle is a poisoned chalice so they won’t be getting anyone much better than Bruce imo

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Bruce rumour seems to be getting the Toon fans excited. Hometown hero, with a proven track record wherever he’s been of getting clubs into the PL and keeping them there. The last thing we need is a reinvigorated Newcastle United next season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Bruce rumour seems to be getting the Toon fans excited. Hometown hero, with a proven track record wherever he’s been of getting clubs into the PL and keeping them there. The last thing we need is a reinvigorated Newcastle United next season.

Yep as an ex Sunderland manager they are really excited about Bruce coming :rolleyes:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The lack of imagination in hiring managers in this country! We should introduce the BAP rule that says none of Bruce, Alardyce, or Pardew can be interviewed for any managerial position in the top two leagues, and if David Moyes' surname had not been Moyes and had begun with an 'S' I would have included him as well.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Personally, i think that's one of your best.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Was just thinking how TB would never go with one of the "merry go round" of crap managers and how lucky we are to have someone with vision.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Was just thinking how TB would never go with one of the "merry go round" of crap managers and how lucky we are to have someone with vision.

But sometimes you need a manager to stabilise what you have rather than build something new. I think they could do worse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The lack of imagination in hiring managers in this country! We should introduce the BAP rule that says none of Bruce, Alardyce, or Pardew can be interviewed for any managerial position in the top two leagues, and if David Moyes' surname had not been Moyes and had begun with an 'S' I would have included him as well.

That list is longer;

David Moyes
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Ian Holloway
Colin Wanker
Steve McClaren
Sam Allardyce
Roy Hodgson
Tony Pulis
Mark Hughes

All either boring or shit, and all seems to endlessly land jobs around bottom end Prem/top half Champ. Glad we've never gone near any of them.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a great wise knowledgeable man once said:-

Once again so so many posters on NSC should hang their heads in shame.

The drivel posted in those 5 (five) days of turmoil waiting for PottyTime was frightening.

TBH it would still look out of place if the club waited 3 weeks only to unveil Steve Freakin Bruce

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But sometimes you need a manager to stabilise what you have rather than build something new. I think they could do worse.

Ashley simply wants to keep Newcastle in the prem for as little expenditure as possible. It's all about protecting the asset.

To me, this smacks of getting a 'yes' man in who won't kick off when it becomes apparent barely any of the income will be made available to re-invest in the squad. Feel free to bounce this on day 1 of the season but I imagine they will spend under £50m in total despite losing Rondon and Perez and probably Longstaff.

Yes, we have taken a risk by departing with CH who could be seen as a 'safe' pair of hands and going in a new direction, but at least our chairman is making SOME sort of effort to push us away from just being a team 'happy to survive'.

If they didn't get in two new strikers of quality before the season starts, they are in deep trouble in my opinion. Don't underestimate how important Rondon was to them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If they didn't get in two new strikers of quality before the season starts, they are in deep trouble in my opinion. Don't underestimate how important Rondon was to them.

The link up play of Perez and Rondon was superb at times, and absolutely vital to the Toon, as you say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here