Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Ashes To Ashes - Sky Box Sets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great news, the full series of Ashes to Ashes is now available on Sky Box Sets.

This is one of the best ever BBC productions in my view starring an aspiring Keeley Hawes, Philip Glenister and the magnificently politically incorrect Dean Andrews as Raymundo.

Set in the early 80s with a blinding soundtrack what is not to like and the ending was simply stunning.

Fire up the Quattro, Bolly Knickers.....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not forgetting " Life on Mars" also very non PC.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Yeah, I doubt either series would get made now as even though they did mock the sexist/racist attitudes of the 70s and 80s the BBC would be too scared that even the mockery would now offend. And yes I think that's sad, and no thinking that does not make me a neo-Nazi.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just need Sky to add Spender to the box sets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah, I doubt either series would get made now as even though they did mock the sexist/racist attitudes of the 70s and 80s the BBC would be too scared that even the mockery would now offend. And yes I think that's sad, and no thinking that does not make me a neo-Nazi.

Life on Mars is currently being shown (again) on the Drama Channel.
The Drama Channel is owned by UKTV which is wholly owned by the commercial wing of the ...BBC.

PS: Bizarrely the BBC is (re) making Life on Mars today...for China.It announced this deal earlier this year.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/china-watch/culture/bbc-and-china-remake-life-on-mars/

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed, the groundbreaking Life on Mars was even better in my opinion. Even though gorgeous Keeley Hawes wasn't in it. Liz White made great eye candy instead.

Agreed, Life on Mars was much better. They captured that grim and grimey 70's look to perfection.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
How much is it to add boxsets on top of the standard package? Not sure I need it considering I have Netflix, but there is some good stuff on there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How much is it to add boxsets on top of the standard package? Not sure I need it considering I have Netflix, but there is some good stuff on there.

You can get Netflix through Sky if you subscribe to box sets.
The cheapest option is to just record the episodes as they air on the Drama Channel in next few weeks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Life on Mars is currently being shown (again) on the Drama Channel.
The Drama Channel is owned by UKTV which is wholly owned by the commercial wing of the ...BBC.

We love the Drama channel, proper old biddie stuff. Probably the tv channel of choice in our house.

As Time Goes By is still a brilliant watch with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer

The wife can’t get enough of old Silent Witness and Kanvanagh QC amongst other old programmes.

Not sure this adds to the thread but I thought I’d say it anyway

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed, Life on Mars was much better. They captured that grim and grimey 70's look to perfection.
Life On Mars far superior, John Simm also far better than Hawes. The concept was running out of steam with Ashes to Ashes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We love the Drama channel, proper old biddie stuff. Probably the tv channel of choice in our house.

As Time Goes By is still a brilliant watch with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer

The wife can’t get enough of old Silent Witness and Kanvanagh QC amongst other old programmes.

Not sure this adds to the thread but I thought I’d say it anyway

Well l'm glad you did stay it, because l agree! :thumbsup:

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Love all those series.

Gene Hunt the great anti-hero of our time.

Mate of mine, DCI in the Met, likes to think of himself as a modern day Gene Hunt but in reality he is another box ticker like all the others.

Which i like to remind him of on a regular basis. And he hates it. Which is of course is why i do it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Thank you. Miss WS studied Life on Mars as part of her drama A level.so we brought the DVDs ( found them cheap ) but Ashes to Ashes was a stupid price. We've just last week finished LoM so now have something else to watch !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here