Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Most obscure thing you've dumped at your local tip.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After taking a load of old unwanted crap to our local tip on Sunday, it got me thinking of what obscure things you've taken your local dump.
You get certain types who ram the back of their car till nothing else fits, or you get others with the archetypal boot tidy who have meticulously placed all their sh!te tidily, so as to get rid of neatly.
Whilst we were dumping our load of old decorating stuff, there was a couple chucking a perfectly decent go-kart.
The mind boggles :mad:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
A fibreglass fully life-size model of Lara Croft that my uni house mate bought on eBay one night while pissed. Kept it for a few years after uni but when I moved in with the Mrs she made me get rid of it saying it was tacky. I wobbled but 10 years later we are still going strong so I guess I chose the right path!

Gave the bloke at the tip a hell of a fright when I opened the van door at the tip and Lara fell out!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A fibreglass fully life-size model of Lara Croft that my uni house mate bought on eBay one night while pissed. Kept it for a few years after uni but when I moved in with the Mrs she made me get rid of it saying it was tacky. I wobbled but 10 years later we are still going strong so I guess I chose the right path!

Gave the bloke at the tip a hell of a fright when I opened the van door at the tip and Lara fell out!

We're off to a good start here!! :lolol::lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Cameron Diaz. It wasn't working out and she kept having weird stuff in her hair.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
One of those great big whole Serrano hams they were selling at Lidl a while back. It went mouldy before we could eat it all, and so we had to furtively get rid of it. Felt like we were trying to dispose of a body (which we kind of were).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Don't tell me, when you got there the staff were on strike.

With the regular staff out, the company would have to get the tenp in.

Either way, I'd be going spare.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of those great big whole Serrano hams they were selling at Lidl a while back. It went mouldy before we could eat it all, and so we had to furtively get rid of it. Felt like we were trying to dispose of a body (which we kind of were).

Ha ha, we had to do the same after I forgot storing in the oven complete with cling film to prevent drying...and yes, melted all over when I put the oven on for another meal. I actually would never buy one again, I felt like a savage constantly cutting away / gorging at it and after a while I couldn’t get Alive the film out of my head. There’s a point when too much meat means it becomes flesh and those whole hams are just too much for a small family. Going to stick to buying a few slices instead. If at all as trying to cut down on meat consumption as we all should.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
After taking a load of old unwanted crap to our local tip on Sunday, it got me thinking of what obscure things you've taken your local dump.
You get certain types who ram the back of their car till nothing else fits, or you get others with the archetypal boot tidy who have meticulously placed all their sh!te tidily, so as to get rid of neatly.
Whilst we were dumping our load of old decorating stuff, there was a couple chucking a perfectly decent go-kart.
The mind boggles :mad:

Mine and [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s local tip closed a couple of years ago, really annoyingly. It's now a long old poke to either Greenford or Harefield.

Sorry what? I ditched an old laptop once. Probably not the best idea, infosec and all that. Nothing dodgy on there though, honest.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Mine and [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s local tip closed a couple of years ago, really annoyingly. It's now a long old poke to either Greenford or Harefield.

Sorry what? I ditched an old laptop once. Probably not the best idea, infosec and all that. Nothing dodgy on there though, honest.

I live under half a mile from that one but go to Weald because you have to prove residence at the buggers now.

Got my council tax statement out and asked for photographic ID so showed them my DL but as we’d moved less than a month prior the addresses didn’t match - nearly refused entry despite both addresses being in Harrow. Ridiculous.

Back OT on that very visit saw someone throw out an entire three piece suite which the recycling centre operatives helped him hack up with two chainsaws. Very surreal.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Our local tip are so fussy now it's difficult to throw things away . . . I did come home minus 200kg of old gear box parts ( made a hell of a racket when I poured it into an empty container) but with an old 1953 TV . . . from a shop in old Portslade . . . . its sitting in my workshop, no idea what to do with it but I couldn't leave it to get smashed up

Attachments

• stella TV.jpg
    stella TV.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 243

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I live under half a mile from that one but go to Weald because you have to prove residence at the buggers now.

Got my council tax statement out and asked for photographic ID so showed them my DL but as we’d moved less than a month prior the addresses didn’t match - nearly refused entry despite both addresses being in Harrow. Ridiculous.

Back OT on that very visit saw someone throw out an entire three piece suite which the recycling centre operatives helped him hack up with two chainsaws. Very surreal.

Getting silly around our way like this too. I’m constantly in and out of Berks, Ox and Bucks because we’re on the border as such and often means closest service isn’t technically “ours” according to home postcode. Add into the equation there are multiple Chiltern district councils and honestly, it’s a blooming nightmare for health, refuse etc. We’re 15mins from nearest hospital but by rights if an ambulance had to take us, we’d have to go to “our” one 45mins away. Amuses me to think in an emergency we might die because of a line on a map.

And for what? All our rubbish ends up in Africa doesn’t it anyway...:whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here