Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] On now: Champions League Live from Shropshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48907811

I've only today discovered that Oswestry Town have merged with the New Saints from across the border, but still play in Oswestry. This means England has 5 clubs in the competition because the merged club is allowed to play in and represent the Welsh Premier League, even though English clubs who won the Welsh FA Cup were never allowed into the European CWC.
Anyway, they're up against Kosovo's finest and doing quite well so maybe we can help boost the online audience, which is even smaller than that at the match!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48907811

I've only today discovered that Oswestry Town have merged with the New Saints from across the border, but still play in Oswestry. This means England has 5 clubs in the competition because the merged club is allowed to play in and represent the League of Wales, even though English clubs who won the Welsh FA Cup were never allowed into the European CWC.
Anyway, they're up against Kosovo's finest and doing quite well so maybe we can help boost the online audience, which is even smaller than that at the match!

Share same ground, but still separate clubs I think :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Oswestry_Town

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Red Star Belgrade, how they have fallen, I remember them playing in the European Cup when I was a yoof.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Winner plays København- which, I think, is Copenhagen.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looks like there's a SHOCK result on the cards. FK Sarajevo are currently losing 2-1 at home to plucky little MINNOWS Celtic.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rangers thrashed semi-professional third best team in Gibraltar 0-4, but didn't score until 50th min in the Europa League.

Really? 3rd best team in Gibraltar qualifies for Europe?

Looks like there's a SHOCK result on the cards. FK Sarajevo are currently losing 2-1 at home to plucky little MINNOWS Celtic.
TNS also play in green and white hoops and lead 2-1.
I'm glad that band packed it in, it was ruining the atmosphere. When I say 'band', I'm talking 18-piece complete with conductor!
Screenshot_20190709-192501.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rangers thrashed semi-professional third best team in Gibraltar 0-4, but didn't score until 50th min in the Europa League.

Really? 3rd best team in Gibraltar qualifies for Europe?
Somebody better tell PB we're playing in the wrong league!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Red Star Belgrade, how they have fallen, I remember them playing in the European Cup when I was a yoof.

Ah, the footballing arm (or one of them) of the Red Army if I remember rightly. Doesn't apply any more - so, a bit like Chelsea when Abramovich takes his money back, I guess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TNS also play in green and white hoops and lead 2-1.
I'm glad that band packed it in, it was ruining the atmosphere. When I say 'band', I'm talking 18-piece complete with conductor!
View attachment 112697

Is that not our PP fairy, attending the toilets on the left? ???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Total Network Solutions [TNS] of the Welsh league are a bit like Celtic in Scotland - they qualify for Champions league football every season pretty much unopposed, and have been doing so for years.
Our local Radio Shropshire love it as it gives them some footy to talk about before the season-proper gets underway.
TNS are usually out of Europe before we get to October mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here