Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are your guiding principles and values?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
One of the guiding principles which I would like to say I always live by but which would be dishonest of me to say I put into practice more than I actually do, is encapsulated by the words of Edmund Burke....

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Too many bad things are let happen to too many people because others are not prepared to stand up and defend and protect the welfare of others. The reasons for those failings range from fear, apathy, neglect of duty or self interest.

There have been times when in very small ways I have abided by that principle but I would like to believe that I would do so when it really counted and when to do so presented an even greater challenge to my own interests.

I don't want to be one of those people whose attitude is, "I'm not getting involved".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of the guiding principles which I would like to say I always live by but which would be dishonest of me to say I put into practice more than I actually do, is encapsulated by the words of Edmund Burke....

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Too many bad things are let happen to too many people because others are not prepared to stand up and defend and protect the welfare of others. The reasons for those failings range from fear, apathy, neglect of duty or self interest.

There have been times when in very small ways I have abided by that principle but I would like to believe that I would do so when it really counted and when to do so presented an even greater challenge to my own interests.

I don't want to be one of those people whose attitude is, "I'm not getting involved".

Excellent post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here