Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are your guiding principles and values?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Life's a bitch.

And then you die.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In all seriousness, I don't have many snappy aphorisms, and my approach to life has changed with time. These have served me well, though.

Put in a shift.
Trust your gut.
Don't keep making the same mistake, expecting a different result.
Disregard* anyone who declares themselves your enemy - the petty minded and vengeful always end up shafting themselves.
Try to be kind, but don't suffer foolishness.
Cherish you family, friends and acquaintances.
Consider the outlandish opinions of others carefully before dismissing them. But do remember to dismiss them.
Don't be afraid to go against the view of the herd, but be aware that things are often the way they are for good reason.
Understand the difference between a necessary working assumption and a fact.
Recognise and accept when you've been wrong.
Fear no-one.
Never trust a hippy.

*Or nip the whole thing in the bud and put the buggers on ignore :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Keep everything in perspective - things are rarely as bad as they seem and there's always a solution
Treat others how you'd wish to be treated yourself
Pick your battles - most aren't worth the effort/stress

Sadly in life that isn't always the case. Agree with the rest though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In all seriousness, I don't have many snappy aphorisms, and my approach to life has changed with time. These have served me well, though.

Put in a shift.
Trust your gut.
Don't keep making the same mistake, expecting a different result.
Disregard* anyone who declares themselves your enemy - the petty minded and vengeful always end up shafting themselves.
Try to be kind, but don't suffer foolishness.
Cherish you family, friends and acquaintances.
Consider the outlandish opinions of others carefully before dismissing them. But do remember to dismiss them.
Don't be afraid to go against the view of the herd, but be aware that things are often the way they are for good reason.
Understand the difference between a necessary working assumption and a fact.
Recognise and accept when you've been wrong.
Fear no-one.
Never trust a hippy.

*Or nip the whole thing in the bud and put the buggers on ignore :lolol:

I’m loving this! Especially like the point about the herd. I’m a bit anti-herd, stand my ground, scrap it out when others are running. Trouble is I get trampled in the stampede! It’s a bit like [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] ‘pick your battles’ advice, sometimes just walk away because you might be right but you’re also risk becoming the biggest loser. Anyway, lots of sage advice there HWT. Cheers!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you stand by the river long enough...you will see the bodies of your enemies floating past.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m loving this! Especially like the point about the herd. I’m a bit anti-herd, stand my ground, scrap it out when others are running. Trouble is I get trampled in the stampede! It’s a bit like [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] ‘pick your battles’ advice, sometimes just walk away because you might be right but you’re also risk becoming the biggest loser. Anyway, lots of sage advice there HWT. Cheers!

That's very kind of you. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you stand by the river long enough...you will see the bodies of your enemies floating past.

Ah, you forgot to attach one of these to each before you threw them off your boat. Careless. :whistle:

5649762-old-heavy-prisoner-ball-and-chain-over-white-background.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Be excellent to each other

Party on dude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here