Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rodriguez joins Burnley - perfect match

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jeez, if ever a club and a player deserved each other...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
More booing of Gaetan by them then

It's better this way. At least it means Bong only gets booed in two fixtures* instead of potentially four, had Rodriguez joined another PL club.

*by the opposition fans, at least.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This has turned into a spat where both sides are defending their own, irrespective of the facts, (which aren't known) and who's right (we are).

I think I'm going to not boo Rodriguez. It's just going to perpetuate a pointless cycle. Don't get me wrong, if racism was proved, as opposed to strongly suspected, then this needs to be called out in the strongest terms. But as we don't know, I, for one, am just going to leave it

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I reckon if Burnley relegated us or were the last game for us in the top flight that would pretty much be the lowest moment of my life.

Shoe on the other foot would be literally my wet dream.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm just glad Burnley have signed a player who is bang average.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I disagree with the people who think Rodriguez is no good, he's an effective player at this level and will do well for them.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This has turned into a spat where both sides are defending their own, irrespective of the facts, (which aren't known) and who's right (we are).

I think I'm going to not boo Rodriguez. It's just going to perpetuate a pointless cycle. Don't get me wrong, if racism was proved, as opposed to strongly suspected, then this needs to be called out in the strongest terms. But as we don't know, I, for one, am just going to leave it

I'm going to trust that Bong - our player - told the truth. He would not have made that up.

I will therefore continue to boo the (unproven) racist at every opportunity. The game can do without him and it is fitting that he has gone to a club where the supporters share his "values".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"Thing is, I'm enjoying my time here at Burnley, but what I REALLY want is to play in front of fans who groan when I step up for a penalty".

He has said his son is a Brighton fan. I believe he's kept his house in Sussex, and rents it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here