Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] USA

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have one piece of advise for anyone thinking of going to Texas...

... DON'T.

Good Advice - It's the only place that is trying to make sure that if you don't have Covid. They will try and make sure that you don't leave without getting it. If you haven't had Covid and feel left out and want it - make sure you go to dinner at this restaurant. You won't be disappointed

https://www.today.com/food/couple-kicked-out-texas-restaurant-wearing-masks-protect-son-t231805

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/09/21/texas-couple-no-masks-restaurant-pkg-vpx.ktvt

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well the governer is not looking too silly at the moment. He lifted restrictions a month ago and case numbers haven't changed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nailed it, :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Texas, the only place where if you don't have a gun they will provide one

I can't even begin to comment about their latest law regarding what a women does with her own body.

I had a brilliant time in Texas, when there, right back in the day.
I find it hard to believe what those fantastic, funny, warm proud and very welcoming knuckleheads have allowed themselves to become.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Good Advice - It's the only place that is trying to make sure that if you don't have Covid. They will try and make sure that you don't leave without getting it. If you haven't had Covid and feel left out and want it - make sure you go to dinner at this restaurant. You won't be disappointed

https://www.today.com/food/couple-kicked-out-texas-restaurant-wearing-masks-protect-son-t231805

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/09/21/texas-couple-no-masks-restaurant-pkg-vpx.ktvt

Stupid owner will get more flak for that. He is in the minority.

While Texas has high rates, it is trending down. data here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/texas
One of the main reasons its high here is the enormous amount of illegals coming across the border from Mexico who are positive so they spread it. Almost every county on the border has higher than average positive rates.
Flip side is the attendance at Collage football games are mostly at max capacity and there have not been any reports (that I have seen) of these events being super spreaders. And they usually get between 75k-100k per game and we are 3 weeks in to the season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

While Texas has high rates, it is trending down. data here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/texas
One of the main reasons its high here is the enormous amount of illegals coming across the border from Mexico who are positive so they spread it. Almost every county on the border has higher than average positive rates.
Flip side is the attendance at Collage football games are mostly at max capacity and there have not been any reports (that I have seen) of these events being super spreaders. And they usually get between 75k-100k per game and we are 3 weeks in to the season.

Might have known that it would be all those rapist's and murderers coming from Mexico who were also spreading Covid as well.

None of those unvaccinated Fox News Viewers bear any responsibility whatsoever

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I can't even begin to comment about their latest law regarding what a women does with her own body.

I had a brilliant time in Texas, when there, right back in the day.
I find it hard to believe what those fantastic, funny, warm proud and very welcoming knuckleheads have allowed themselves to become.

I had to work in Austin for a few weeks. Loved it, great city and music scene. And, like you say the people are amazing, not at all like the 'redneck' label they get stereotyped with. Bit of an eye opener I must say

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had to work in Austin for a few weeks. Loved it, great city and music scene. And, like you say the people are amazing, not at all like the 'redneck' label they get stereotyped with. Bit of an eye opener I must say

Yeah.
As said it was a long time ago but I have such fond memories of Austin and San Antonio.
I genuinely don't recognize the way Texas is portrayed now and how I remember the place.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So did you get any useful tips [MENTION=12021]Huple[/MENTION] ?
I missed this thread first time around and can’t be bothered to read 19 pages if the outcome is that nobody has been of any help whatsoever.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
So did you get any useful tips [MENTION=12021]Huple[/MENTION] ?
I missed this thread first time around and can’t be bothered to read 19 pages if the outcome is that nobody has been of any help whatsoever.

People have been most informative. I decided to have a burger myself. No one on here had mentioned it. There were sauces as well.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Wow.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Keens Steakhouse, New york, NY is good if you're into that kind of stuff. Equally The Butcher's Table, Seattle, WA.
Keens is an historic old english chop house.... it's the bees knees.... been there half a dozen times over the years,.... the Porterhouse for two is outstanding..... NB. It does do other meats etc,... the signature Mutton Chop was simply too much for me.

Cant recommended this place enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wow America was amazing. I went to an a original New york burger restaurant. They were established in 2009. Went to Stratton island and then came back.

Good to know you didn’t bother with the really ancient burger places like PJ Clarke’s. They are rubbish.

Did you go over Brookline Bridge as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Keens is an historic old english chop house.... it's the bees knees.... been there half a dozen times over the years,.... the Porterhouse for two is outstanding..... NB. It does do other meats etc,... the signature Mutton Chop was simply too much for me.

Cant recommended this place enough.

That’s the place with all the pipes right?

Lugers or Bobby Vans for me. Palm good too - I lived far too close to that place when I worked there.

To be honest a proper New York Steakhouse is a thing of beauty whichever one you go to.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That’s the place with all the pipes right?

Lugers or Bobby Vans for me. Palm good too - I lived far too close to that place when I worked there.

To be honest a proper New York Steakhouse is a thing of beauty whichever one you go to.

Pipes, yes.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here