Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] USA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and any other US holiday regulars, when’s your take on when they’ll allow holidaymakers back?

We’re itching to visit NYC, especially after a cancelled holiday last July.

A complication for us is that one of our offspring is still a child, so cannot be vaccinated.

I’m interested to hear others plans and ideas.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and any other US holiday regulars, when’s your take on when they’ll allow holidaymakers back?

A complication for us is that one of our offspring is still a child, so cannot be vaccinated.

I will go with July or August. Think it would have been sooner under Trump. I've been in Miami since the new year and it's almost normal life here, crazy, and I'm very lucky to be here.

The rest of the states is following suit in terms of opening up quick so I think Biden will have no option but to open up this summer especially as places like Orlando are on their knees due to lack of tourists.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
FYI: Yesterday Biden announced that the US would have sufficient vaccine supply for all adults by the end of May.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fly into LAX and have a few days in Manhatten Beach. Go do Vegas after ����

We drove down there when we got to LAX the evening before flight home. Nice stroll along the beach. Did actually like it.

9455A9A8-898B-46C0-908F-5FD29535D877.jpeg

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I will go with July or August. Think it would have been sooner under Trump. I've been in Miami since the new year and it's almost normal life here, crazy, and I'm very lucky to be here.

The rest of the states is following suit in terms of opening up quick so I think Biden will have no option but to open up this summer especially as places like Orlando are on their knees due to lack of tourists.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I really don't know, because it may not be as simple as "everyone can come in now", as you intimate there.

Even setting aside "variants of concern" popping up - and let's hope none do - but they might, and could trigger urgent changes to travel policy, there are a group of things that need to be in place to allow "normal" holidays...

- No need to prove vaccination or negative test on the way out.
- No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon arrival.
- No need to to prove vaccination or obtain negative test on the way back.
- No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon return.

There are some travellers who would still travel with some of these in place, and there will be some who would travel with all of them in place, but each one adds a burden of time or money that will be restrictive to many.

Some will be vaccinated and could afford the tests for the unvaccinated adults and children, if required, but not everyone could.

We've got flights booked for July into August, made some time ago. I'd say that right now it was less than a 50/50 chance we'll be on them though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really don't know, because it may not be as simple as "everyone can come in now", as you intimate there.

Even setting aside "variants of concern" popping up - and let's hope none do - but they might, and could trigger urgent changes to travel policy, there are a group of things that need to be in place to allow "normal" holidays...

- No need to prove vaccination or negative test on the way out.
- No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon arrival.
- No need to to prove vaccination or obtain negative test on the way back.
- No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon return.

There are some travellers who would still travel with some of these in place, and there will be some who would travel with all of them in place, but each one adds a burden of time or money that will be restrictive to many.

Some will be vaccinated and could afford the tests for the unvaccinated adults and children, if required, but not everyone could.

We've got flights booked for July into August, made some time ago. I'd say that right now it was less than a 50/50 chance we'll be on them though.

Thanks for replying.

We’ve got flights for the same period, incredible deals released by Virgin back in the autumn.

(Other than when the Albion have a coming EPL fixture) I’m not a pessimist, but I reluctantly feel the trip won’t go ahead due to having to tick all the obstacles you mention.

If not, I’ve got an European Alps idea as a fallback.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for replying.

We’ve got flights for the same period, incredible deals released by Virgin back in the autumn.

(Other than when the Albion have a coming EPL fixture) I’m not a pessimist, but I reluctantly feel the trip won’t go ahead due to having to tick all the obstacles you mention.

If not, I’ve got an European Alps idea as a fallback.

Yeah, sounds very similar. Checking my emails our flights are also with Virgin and were booked on 11th October.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I can't wait to get back to the USA. Not been since October 2019. Longest period of absence for around 50 years. Thinking of Florida west coast in April, but somehow doubt that will happen. Would like to get over there in June if possible, then September for Yellowstone, originally planned for last year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, sounds very similar. Checking my emails our flights are also with Virgin and were booked on 11th October.

NYC premium economy for a few hundred quid in total. I think a NSC’er (@KG?) alerted everyone to the offers.

Business Class was also at a once in a lifetime low price, but x8 for both legs for us, it was getting a bit out of control.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m going May for flights to be allowed with some sort of check

I Personally think USA/Israel/Spain/Greece/Hong Kong/Singapore/Antigua/Barbados will be the first lot

I’ve got flights booked for Vegas at end of June - I imagine Vegas will be pretty much back to normal in terms of what you can do.

As [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] said, States are opening up now at various speeds with full road maps.

New York removed its inter state quarantine yesterday as well, but then maybe Cuomo is just trying to distract from the people he killed and the sexual harassment charges

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We have loose plans to visit NYC when we’re allowed. For me, I think this summer will be too soon. Things might open up, but until the world has stabilized and we know how the vaccines are working in a true real world I’m reluctant to book anything; the idea of being stranded in the US is a concern. Europe for me this summer....and a gastronomic tour of Barcelona will be my first trip ASAP.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NYC is slowly starting to open up again, but like everywhere else will be a while before it gets back to 'normal'

As some other posters have said there are still a few questions at the back of people's minds about getting long distance flights to places like the States so I think a lot of people may defer a trip until 2022

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
NYC is slowly starting to open up again, but like everywhere else will be a while before it gets back to 'normal'

As some other posters have said there are still a few questions at the back of people's minds about getting long distance flights to places like the States so I think a lot of people may defer a trip until 2022

I think some countries will use the slow up take to their advantage and getting things back in place

A soft opening of tourism before 2022

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I don't see why. Something pretty catastrophic would have to unfold for anyone to have the remotest chance of being stranded in the states. Only at the beginning of the pandemic were flights from the UK to states disrupted. Over the last few months there's loads of flights in and out of most US hubs to the UK every day.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think some countries will use the slow up take to their advantage and getting things back in place

A soft opening of tourism before 2022
I've been to Orlando a couple of times in the last few months and it's ready to go !! They pretty much just need to ramp up staffing levels in the parks. The US is not the type of country to tread carefully they will just go for it.

Even the Vegas pool parties are starting up again in the next few weeks .....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have loose plans to visit NYC when we’re allowed. For me, I think this summer will be too soon. Things might open up, but until the world has stabilized and we know how the vaccines are working in a true real world I’m reluctant to book anything; the idea of being stranded in the US is a concern. Europe for me this summer....and a gastronomic tour of Barcelona will be my first trip ASAP.

I've resisted the urge to book flights when I'd normally join in, not 'falling' for the last two stampedes - Easyjet releasing a wide array flights in January and the one last week when the UK governments announced their roadmaps. Not wanting to add the stock of credits I have :smile:.

I'm sure plenty of flights will be available as the pandemic unwinds.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've been to Orlando a couple of times in the last few months and it's ready to go !! They pretty much just need to ramp up staffing levels in the parks. The US is not the type of country to tread carefully they will just go for it.

Even the Vegas pool parties are starting up again in the next few weeks .....

I’ve got family in Florida and it’s normal, they go clubbing most weekends lol

Vegas is being handed over to local mayors on 1st, they have been told as long as Vaccine drive is working they can go 100 percent.

EDC is still going ahead In Vegas at the moment - that will be the marker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here