Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: USA

0 Not allowed!
    @Bozza and any other US holiday regulars, when’s your take on when they’ll allow holidaymakers back?

We’re itching to visit NYC, especially after a cancelled holiday last July.

A complication for us is that one of our offspring is still a child, so cannot be vaccinated.

I’m interested to hear others plans and ideas.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      @Bozza and any other US holiday regulars, when’s your take on when they’ll allow holidaymakers back?

A complication for us is that one of our offspring is still a child, so cannot be vaccinated.

I will go with July or August. Think it would have been sooner under Trump. I've been in Miami since the new year and it's almost normal life here, crazy, and I'm very lucky to be here.

The rest of the states is following suit in terms of opening up quick so I think Biden will have no option but to open up this summer especially as places like Orlando are on their knees due to lack of tourists.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      FYI: Yesterday Biden announced that the US would have sufficient vaccine supply for all adults by the end of May.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Yeah. Nailed it, again

0 Not allowed!
      Fly into LAX and have a few days in Manhatten Beach. Go do Vegas after ����
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HastingsSeagull View Post
      Fly into LAX and have a few days in Manhatten Beach. Go do Vegas after ����
      We drove down there when we got to LAX the evening before flight home. Nice stroll along the beach. Did actually like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9455A9A8-898B-46C0-908F-5FD29535D877.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	134460

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      I will go with July or August. Think it would have been sooner under Trump. I've been in Miami since the new year and it's almost normal life here, crazy, and I'm very lucky to be here.

The rest of the states is following suit in terms of opening up quick so I think Biden will have no option but to open up this summer especially as places like Orlando are on their knees due to lack of tourists.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
      Last edited by dadams2k11; 04-03-2021 at 07:53.

1 Not allowed!

I really don't know, because it may not be as simple as "everyone can come in now", as you intimate there.

Even setting aside "variants of concern" popping up - and let's hope none do - but they might, and could trigger urgent changes to travel policy, there are a group of things that need to be in place to allow "normal" holidays...

- No need to prove vaccination or negative test on the way out.
      - No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon arrival.
      - No need to to prove vaccination or obtain negative test on the way back.
      - No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon return.

There are some travellers who would still travel with some of these in place, and there will be some who would travel with all of them in place, but each one adds a burden of time or money that will be restrictive to many.

Some will be vaccinated and could afford the tests for the unvaccinated adults and children, if required, but not everyone could.

We've got flights booked for July into August, made some time ago. I'd say that right now it was less than a 50/50 chance we'll be on them though.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I really don't know, because it may not be as simple as "everyone can come in now", as you intimate there.

Even setting aside "variants of concern" popping up - and let's hope none do - but they might, and could trigger urgent changes to travel policy, there are a group of things that need to be in place to allow "normal" holidays...

- No need to prove vaccination or negative test on the way out.
      - No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon arrival.
      - No need to to prove vaccination or obtain negative test on the way back.
      - No need to quarantine for 7/10/14 days upon return.

There are some travellers who would still travel with some of these in place, and there will be some who would travel with all of them in place, but each one adds a burden of time or money that will be restrictive to many.

Some will be vaccinated and could afford the tests for the unvaccinated adults and children, if required, but not everyone could.

We've got flights booked for July into August, made some time ago. I'd say that right now it was less than a 50/50 chance we'll be on them though.
      Thanks for replying.

We’ve got flights for the same period, incredible deals released by Virgin back in the autumn.

(Other than when the Albion have a coming EPL fixture) I’m not a pessimist, but I reluctantly feel the trip won’t go ahead due to having to tick all the obstacles you mention.

If not, I’ve got an European Alps idea as a fallback.

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks for replying.

We’ve got flights for the same period, incredible deals released by Virgin back in the autumn.

(Other than when the Albion have a coming EPL fixture) I’m not a pessimist, but I reluctantly feel the trip won’t go ahead due to having to tick all the obstacles you mention.

If not, I’ve got an European Alps idea as a fallback.
      Yeah, sounds very similar. Checking my emails our flights are also with Virgin and were booked on 11th October.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I can't wait to get back to the USA. Not been since October 2019. Longest period of absence for around 50 years. Thinking of Florida west coast in April, but somehow doubt that will happen. Would like to get over there in June if possible, then September for Yellowstone, originally planned for last year.