Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this the slowest transfer window yet?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Who would you suggest as back up for RB?

We need to buy one. Personally, of linked RB’s, I favour Tavernier of Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have plenty of options at RB...Balogun, schelotto. Montoya, Sanders
, Bernardo, even solly as right wing back

Balogun is a CB. Schelotto (sp) is injured and cannot defend. Montoya is the one RB we actually have who is good enough. Sanders is a midfielder and U23. Bernardo is a LB. Solly is a RW. So you have listed 2 RB’s, one of which is injured and not good enough.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is it unreasonable to expect us to go down without signing a proven goalscorer? Given most of the squad have proved they can’t shoot let alone score. Are we even in the market for a £20m+ striker?

Not sure about price tag but agree we definitely need to sign a 1st choice striker. Someone who will work to displace Muzza. Cue list of unsuitable alternatives by naive posters.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is it unreasonable to expect us to go down without signing a proven goalscorer? Given most of the squad have proved they can’t shoot let alone score. Are we even in the market for a £20m+ striker?

We have so many so called experts in our recruitment team I expect they are still arguing among themselves who the targets are

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have so many so called experts in our recruitment team I expect they are still arguing among themselves who the targets are

Maybe that is the problem. Who knows? But some progress on ST and RB needs to be made soon IMHO.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not sure about price tag but agree we definitely need to sign a 1st choice striker. Someone who will work to displace Muzza. Cue list of unsuitable alternatives by naive posters.

If we intend to rely on an ageing Muzza to score most of our goals this season we really are sunk. It would be sheer lunacy to do that.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Yes - we’ve already seen this a little. The starting line-up against Crawley was a real eye opener!

I’ll be interested to see just how defensive the ‘2’ midfielders are in his initial 4-2-3-1 system. I’ve a feeling that he might like his full backs to bomb on with the ‘2’ midfielders covering the flanks behind them but we’ll see. I think he enjoys playing ‘false’ positions and using players out of their normal positions.

I agree... look at him playing Sanders as a RB... I know it’s needs must, because we currently only have Montoya fit, but definitely worked out relatively well - not sure I’d want that in a prem game though!!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If we intend to rely on an ageing Muzza to score most of our goals this season we really are sunk. It would be sheer lunacy to do that.

100% agreed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe Shane Duffy - second top Albion PL scorer last season lest we forget - could up his scoring rate. No more slacking there Shane! :moo:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

not sure we are. GM obviously still very key. Andone will be expected to step up . Locadia + 1 other ( possibly Connolly who Potter is prob looking at in the games to decide)

Honestly would not be at all surprised if we go with what we have.

If we do get one then its probably due to Connolly not being ready , he would go on loan.

I'm expecting Glenn to lead the line in 2 weeks

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only seven clubs have signed more players than us so far (with three of those being the promoted teams)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395

Still plenty of time to snag another two or three players.
Would feel a lot more comfortable getting 1 of the 3 needed in the bag now, and just having to get a further 2 more rather than 3 more in the next 16 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here