West, West, West Sussex
Best check before leaving this morning. Derailment at Victoria

Current Live departures @ Brighton

IMG_2284.PNG

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Luckily noticed before I left home so jumped on the Thameslink that leaves Hassocks 7 minutes before my usual train and made my connection at Gatwick (the Thameslink train gets overtaken by the GA at Haywards Heath normally).

I was only thinking yesterday that it’s been pretty reliable recently!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Luckily noticed before I left home so jumped on the Thameslink that leaves Hassocks 7 minutes before my usual train and made my connection at Gatwick (the Thameslink train gets overtaken by the GA at Haywards Heath normally).

I was only thinking yesterday that it’s been pretty reliable recently!

Fortunately I have a mate that goes up before me and he text to let me know so I didn't even bother leaving home this morning. My office are pretty good about me wfh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Knock on effects on my line via Kent. Even the 'high speed' trains to St Pancreas affected. Luckily I can pretend to work from home.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm on the 8.30 from Plumpton. Its going to be about 5 mins late into Victoria.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Derailment is near Victoria apparently so only impacting platforms 9-13 (including the Gatwick Express which isn't running). Most others should be more or less 'normal' (whatever that means for Southern Fail)

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Derailment is near Victoria apparently so only impacting platforms 9-13 (including the Gatwick Express which isn't running). Most others should be more or less 'normal' (whatever that means for Southern Fail)

That's odd then. Most Brighton trains arrive on platforms 15-18, with the GE on 13 & 14

albionite

May 20, 2009
Derailment at victoria

Just a heads up for those trying to get away from London or to. Service screwed up and most trains being diverted to London bridge.
Sorry missed the thread on this already.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I only travel from Moulsecoomb to Brighton every day, but the first thing I do is check if the trains are running OK, yet the amount of regular London commuters that don't bother to check before they leave home always astounds me.

I was chatting to someone I regularly see in the morning and she had no idea, and another person on the train overheard and asked what was happening, when I told them they said "no point trying then I may as well go home", well if they checked the app they would have been aware and not bothered in the first place.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I only travel from Moulsecoomb to Brighton every day, but the first thing I do is check if the trains are running OK, yet the amount of regular London commuters that don't bother to check before they leave home always astounds me.

I was chatting to someone I regularly see in the morning and she had no idea, and another person on the train overheard and asked what was happening, when I told them they said "no point trying then I may as well go home", well if they checked the app they would have been aware and not bothered in the first place.

A lot of it depends on how good peoples work are about them not going in. Some will go to the station on the off-chance of something running. I "probably" could have got to the office today by going up to London Bridge instead of Victoria, walking to Liverpool Street, then getting a train from there to Tottenham where I work, but it's a real bugger of a journey, and I can't be arsed with it. Fortunately I'm ok to wfh at the slightest sign of rail trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here