Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DAZN to stream EVERY premier league game (in Canada)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just noticed that DAZN has secured the rights to show every premier league game next season in Canada. For casual streamers this is probably good news. But what this means is that it's going to be hard to get a stream that is real time now from North America as very few games will be on cable TV.

Does anyone have any experience of the dazn streaming experience?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've streamed using Dazn for the boxing and they're always excellent. NBC Sports Gold is continuing to show games in the US. Honestly it is going to be easier than ever before to get a PL 3pm game on your computer than ever before.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I've streamed using Dazn for the boxing and they're always excellent. NBC Sports Gold is continuing to show games in the US. Honestly it is going to be easier than ever before to get a PL 3pm game on your computer than ever before.

Please explain why it is going to be easier than last year (or ever)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, I mentioned this on another thread recently. I started subscribing to DAZN towards the end of last season, so I could watch the Play-off matches and Europa/Champions League. I was a bit worried after hearing stories of some of the EFL games being a few minutes behind, but it seems that was the exception rather than the rule. All the matches I've watched have only been a few seconds behind as you'd expect with any live stream.

I've been impressed with it so far. Decent quality streams and I haven't experienced any buffering issues. It's also only $20 a month which includes PL, EFL, Champions/Europa League, England cricket and a whole load of other sport. I just hope our usual pub has a decent internet connection!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Please explain why it is going to be easier than last year (or ever)

Dazn is easier to use via a VPN than NBC is, by quite some stretch in my experience. So if you want to get a VPN and use it it will be easier than ever before. Dazn also says you don't need one, so you could potentially just have immediate access without any workarounds if you pay up.

If you want to stream it via less legal means eg. heading over to soccer streams and watching someone there, you now have the usual avenues to watch as well as all of Canada being able to do it too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Good news. And if Etisalat can get 5G into my area of Dubai this season, all the better!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yes, I mentioned this on another thread recently. I started subscribing to DAZN towards the end of last season, so I could watch the Play-off matches and Europa/Champions League. I was a bit worried after hearing stories of some of the EFL games being a few minutes behind, but it seems that was the exception rather than the rule. All the matches I've watched have only been a few seconds behind as you'd expect with any live stream.

I've been impressed with it so far. Decent quality streams and I haven't experienced any buffering issues. It's also only $20 a month which includes PL, EFL, Champions/Europa League, England cricket and a whole load of other sport. I just hope our usual pub has a decent internet connection!
Ok that's very interesting I look forward to trying it out. Most streaming sites are delayed (nbc gold is a minute behind). In addition most streaming sites are 30fps so more stuttery than TV but I wait in hope !!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Those comments are from September last year. I think things have improved significantly since then.
I hope so. aparantly the buffering and quality of the champions League final was so bad they had to shut their twitter account for a time because of the abuse. I'm addition the NFL has had to intervene in Canada and allow other providers to show the games as the complaints were so bad. That is unheard of.

Take a look at DAZN Sucks (@DAZNSucks): https://twitter.com/DAZNSucks?s=09

Not the end of the world but I will miss tsn and sportsworld because they were so reliable.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope so. aparantly the buffering and quality of the champions League final was so bad they had to shut their twitter account for a time because of the abuse. I'm addition the NFL has had to intervene in Canada and allow other providers to show the games as the complaints were so bad. That is unheard of.

Take a look at DAZN Sucks (@DAZNSucks): https://twitter.com/DAZNSucks?s=09

Not the end of the world but I will miss tsn and sportsworld because they were so reliable.

TSN and Sportsnet have been good but they still had a few issues with streaming, especially the latter. It was just annoying they shared the coverage, so I had to subscribe to both which ended up costing about $60 a month. Ideally I'd want TSN to have the rights to all the matches and just subscribe to that. Hopefully DAZN will step up their game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What are the rules on subscribing from the UK ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What are the rules on subscribing from the UK ?
They block it from UK but if you use a VPN you can trick the service to think you're based in Canada. You need to pay via Google pay as they even recognise PayPal as UK.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've been watching on TSN and Sportsnet via Mobdro which has been reliable.

I might sign up for this as the cost is quite reasonable. It doesn't like my VPN in Canada for some reason but if I browse from Germany it gives the price as €9.99 which is a bit cheaper anyway.
Does anyone know if the content is different depending on location?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Dazn is easier to use via a VPN than NBC is, by quite some stretch in my experience. So if you want to get a VPN and use it it will be easier than ever before. Dazn also says you don't need one, so you could potentially just have immediate access without any workarounds if you pay up.

If you want to stream it via less legal means eg. heading over to soccer streams and watching someone there, you now have the usual avenues to watch as well as all of Canada being able to do it too.

They block it from UK but if you use a VPN you can trick the service to think you're based in Canada. You need to pay via Google pay as they even recognise PayPal as UK.

I am led to believe that most VPNs will not unlock DAZN Cananda (in the same way that some cannot unlock Netflix). I do not know if there is an update to this, but it is fairly recent

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/which-vpns-can-actually-access-dazn/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here