Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup - are you now a fan?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
On the back of a largely entertaining Women's World Cup (notwithstanding some awful refereeing and VAR deciaions) who here is now going to consider supporting our ladies team this coming domestic season?

Season tickets are ony £30 for adults and £10 for kids and me and the wife are going to get some this coming season as the games never clash with the mens first team. We went to 5 games last year and enjoyed the matches so we thought we'd get a season ticket as that covers all 11 matches.

There's been a major promotion of the ladies game during this summer's World Cup so we thought we'd take the plunge and go to the home games this season at Crawley to support our ladies in addition to the mens first team.

Anyone elso going to give this a go this season?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The standard is poor. It’s improving. But it’s still not great. It’s hard when commentators say what a wonderful save it is. When most keepers in county league would catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The standard is poor. It’s improving. But it’s still not great. It’s hard when commentators say what a wonderful save it is. When most keepers in county league would catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s my issue. In England’s semi there were some dreadful misplaced passes but the commentators were conspicuous in never showing any criticism whatsoever. It’s as if they had a brief that they can only big-up the women’s game and cannot be at all critical? Totally unrealistic.
It was Jonathan Pearce I think? Noticeable that if it was a men’s game he’d have highlighted such glaring errors

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
2 overiding thoughts.
It was much better than I thought it was going to be from the better sides but the poorer sides where really bad.
Every game, even from the better teams, were littered with mistakes, dreadful passing and hit and hope balls to the forwards often leading to goal kicks.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes, that’s my issue. In England’s semi there were some dreadful misplaced passes but the commentators were conspicuous in never showing any criticism whatsoever. It’s as if they had a brief that they can only big-up the women’s game and cannot be at all critical? Totally unrealistic.
It was Jonathan Pearce I think? Noticeable that if it was a men’s game he’d have highlighted such glaring errors

Whilst the criticism wasn't directed at individuals, There wa constant reference to England's weakness being ball retention.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Fan of football
Fan of woman

Not the two together, thank you very much.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I've enjoyed the World Cup.

Would have bought a ST for the ladies if they played locally, but am also well aware that the Seagulls Ladies are a long way behind the standard of the national teams we've been watching.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
NO.....
when I read in the Sunday Paper that someone gave the idea of playing womens football at Premier League ground before or after Premier League games to get crowds made me shudder.....what a stupid idea to try and force the game on people.....and yes I would be leaving early if the game is after 90 mins early!!

Although I saw some pics real or not I dont know....... of the England team on an adult site they did look good after the game.....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
NO.....
when I read in the Sunday Paper that someone gave the idea of playing womens football at Premier League ground before or after Premier League games to get crowds made me shudder.....what a stupid idea to try and force the game on people.....and yes I would be leaving early if the game is after 90 mins early!!

Although I saw some pics real or not I dont know....... of the England team on an adult site they did look good after the game.....

You wouldn't be forced to watch it, and the pitches can handle it nowadays so it wouldn't be doing any harm. I'd have a look - especially if you could take your beer through (which you probably wouldn't be able to). Given the transport issues at the Amex, I reckon there's loads who'd watch quite a bit of it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
You wouldn't be forced to watch it, and the pitches can handle it nowadays so it wouldn't be doing any harm. I'd have a look - especially if you could take your beer through (which you probably wouldn't be able to). Given the transport issues at the Amex, I reckon there's loads who'd watch quite a bit of it.

Of course you would not be forced to watch and no way would I watch either before or after.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here