Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Gay Footballer

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
If this is legit then good luck to him, will probably earn a fortune too!

[tweet]1147530880254205952[/tweet]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Will be a landmark occasion, and hopefully should the response be positive then it will encourage others to follow suit, should they wish to.

I can sadly imagine some of the backlash, but also hope that the positive will outweigh the negative.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Will be a landmark occasion, and hopefully should the response be positive then it will encourage others to follow suit, should they wish to.

I can sadly imagine some of the backlash, but also hope that the positive will outweigh the negative.

100% the positive comments will outweigh the negative.

But usually that 2-3% of horrible comments stick in your head more than all the nice support.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope this legit. Assuming it is, it's about bloody time (with no offence meant to the many gay footballers who understandably have kept their private life, er, private).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think it's a very brave thing to do, especially in todays climate.
Hopefully he / she will get all the support needed.
I guess it's from a Championship team, as the gutter press would've picked up on this more if PL.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Respect to him. Sadly he will get plenty of abuse. I get it all the time while on holiday. Nearly got into a punch up on one occasion.

Normal saying is..... Isn't Brighton full of gays while grinning. They seem to think it's banter.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
We all knew Justin Fashanu was gay when he played for Brighton didnt we??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it's a very brave thing to do, especially in todays climate.
Hopefully he / she will get all the support needed.
I guess it's from a Championship team, as the gutter press would've picked up on this more if PL.

His twitter posts and bio say he's a Championship first teamer aged under 23

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very brave but a huge step in the right direction. Good luck.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What a way to do it - Brilliant - Stops the Tabloid Press sensationalising it at the expense of one individuals feelings or well being.

OK so they get to fill their newspapers with the story for 7 days but in some ways, that makes it better for the individual concerned because by the time his name is splashed everywhere, everyone has got used to the idea - I think it is superb how it is being handled. Well done to the lad and everyone involved with how it is being publicised.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I hope it's true/genuine, and I also think that the reaction from the overwhelming majority of fans would highlight how few in number the dickheads are (apart from at Leeds). For some reason there's one or two phrases in the statement that make me question its authenticity, although I'm hardly speaking from a position of authority on the matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope it's true/genuine, and I also think that the reaction from the overwhelming majority of fans would highlight how few in number the dickheads are (apart from at Leeds). For some reason there's one or two phrases in the statement that make me question its authenticity, although I'm hardly speaking from a position of authority on the matter.

Which phrases?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Good luck to him, he will certainly be admired and respected by the majority of society, he should have the full support of the association and police and any abuse he receives should be treated exactly the same way as racial abuse.

Good luck to him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here