The Fatherland
I thought he died some time ago. RIP.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"See my tailor, He's called Simon,
I know it's going to FFFFFit."

"They turned my ramshackle home into a burning wreck,
My one eyed dog got a broken neck."

"When your leg still hurts and you need new shirts you've gotta get back on the road."

Many, many more but what an artist:

I would highly recommend Richard Balls' book about the man. My favourite story: https://ianduryauthor.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/ian-dury-and-lou-reed/

The film suffered badly from the usual rock biography impetus for a complex human being with a touch of genius to be easily explained by external motivations in under two hours. Strange that this was not possible when the man himself did it better in less than four minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmopROxBnBU

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
New boots and panties is a master piece.

Saw them at the town and country club and Brixton academy in 1990. Glastonbury rings a bell as well, I've Seen the blockheads numerous times since and was lucky enough to support them in a band I was in some years back, top top guys and as has been said, consummate musicians.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Always remember my kids, when very young, in the back of the car singing along

And the most poetic use of the phrase 'a load of old tut' ever

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw him twice during the Stiff tour of 77 (Top Rank and Drury Lane). Captivating.

I do recall (from an article in the NME or Observer, which were regular reads for me back in the day) he could be extraordinarily unpleasant, however, and that rather put me off him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I saw him twice during the Stiff tour of 77 (Top Rank and Drury Lane). Captivating.

I do recall (from an article in the NME or Observer, which were regular reads for me back in the day) he could be extraordinarily unpleasant, however, and that rather put me off him.

That had to be the Suite gig with Elvis Costello, Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, Larry Wallis etc. Still remember it well after all these years :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here