Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 410
  1. #31
    The Disowned Masses
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    15,025


    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “The biggest disappointment is that I never saw it coming,” the 60-year-old says. “As a manager you get a feel when things are not right or relationships have broken down, but there was never anything there for me to feel what was coming. I thought the chairman was in there for club stuff or if he was there to see me it was about the pre-season, so it was a big shock. For a moment I couldn’t say anything. I absolutely wasn’t expecting it, I was stunned, there was a silence.”

    Fair warning to Potter. It could happen to you the same way. Never ever keep your guard down. You could be sacked at any day or time. It's now the Albion Way. The Albion upper management should be ashamed. This should never have happened to a man like Chris Hughton.
    Seems a bit naive from Chris to have no inkling that he might lose his job after the way we played, and the results from the 2nd half of the season.
    Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members fosters headband's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      5,041


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah deffo.

      All multi multi million pound businesses are run on sentimentally.
      In the main, in the UK, multi million pound business run within employment law and we were led to believe the Albion were working to these guidelines when sacking Poyet and in the future. Recent events suggest otherwise currently, so why was Hughton different?
    • #33
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      7,963


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Seems a bit naive from Chris to have no inkling that he might lose his job after the way we played, and the results from the 2nd half of the season.
      The reason CH never saw it coming is that in the meetings he had with Tony Bloom is there was no indication to Chris that Bloom was unhappy with the way things were going. Bloom seemed to process complete faith in CH until the one day that he came in to sack him.

      You have to be honest with your employees and if you are starting to be worried about their work output give them some kind of inclination that you are dissatisfied. Apparently this didn't happen in Chris's mind. He was under the impression that for the most part things were okay with the Albion upper management. It was the personal interaction between an employee and their immediate superior that is most important. Tony Bloom was not totally honest with CH or with a man having integrity like Hughton this would have never surprised CH.
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      common sense is not actually that common these days
    • #34
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      51,296


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In the main, in the UK, multi million pound business run within employment law and we were led to believe the Albion were working to these guidelines when sacking Poyet and in the future. Recent events suggest otherwise currently, so why was Hughton different?
      Once again the lack of a sarcasm emoji is a failing of NSC.

      I was replying to the sentimentality of the previous post.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #35
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      51,296


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The reason CH never saw it coming is that in the meetings he had with Tony Bloom is there was no indication to Chris that Bloom was unhappy with the way things were going. Bloom seemed to process complete faith in CH until the one day that he came in to sack him.

      You have to be honest with your employees and if you are starting to be worried about their work output give them some kind of inclination that you are dissatisfied. Apparently this didn't happen in Chris's mind. He was under the impression that for the most part things were okay with the Albion upper management. It was the personal interaction between an employee and their immediate superior that is most important. Tony Bloom was not totally honest with CH or with a man having integrity like Hughton this would have never surprised CH.
      In your scenario CH wasn't entirely honest with himself.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #36
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      24,778


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The reason CH never saw it coming is that in the meetings he had with Tony Bloom is there was no indication to Chris that Bloom was unhappy with the way things were going. Bloom seemed to process complete faith in CH until the one day that he came in to sack him.

      You have to be honest with your employees and if you are starting to be worried about their work output give them some kind of inclination that you are dissatisfied. Apparently this didn't happen in Chris's mind. He was under the impression that for the most part things were okay with the Albion upper management. It was the personal interaction between an employee and their immediate superior that is most important. Tony Bloom was not totally honest with CH or with a man having integrity like Hughton this would have never surprised CH.
      He obviously didn't see the broadcast coverage of the Cardiff ( ? ) game showing Tony with a face like thunder at the end.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto
    • #37
      Members fosters headband's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      5,041


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once again the lack of a sarcasm emoji is a failing of NSC.

      I was replying to the sentimentality of the previous post.
      Sorry but I thought your point was correct and could see no sarcasm in the statement
    • #38
      Members fosters headband's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      5,041


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He obviously didn't see the broadcast coverage of the Cardiff ( ? ) game showing Tony with a face like thunder at the end.
      Would that have constituted in some way as his first official warning?
    • #39
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      51,296


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry but I thought your point was correct and could see no sarcasm in the statement
      You feel CH shouldn't have been sacked because he's a very very nice man?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #40
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      21,391


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once again the lack of a sarcasm emoji is a failing of NSC
      You need to get out more @Stat Brother Name:  t1559.gif
Views: 445
Size:  1.7 KB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •