Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
New season around the corner. New manager, a few new faces, new system.

How confident are you we'll stay up and do better than last season?

Me. I think we'll survive and end up around 15th.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think ( or hope ) we have pulled out of our relegation death spiral of 2019.

If we have indeed stopped the sequence of dismal home defeats to relegation rivals, then we should have a more positive season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In reality I am in No man’s land but I am looking forward to a more varied approach to games. My Albion mojo dropped to lower than it has been since Hyppia over the last few months of the season just gone. I desperately want to see an Albion side that plays with a desire to win a game rather than not lose it. I do accept it could go completely pear shaped and we could be whipping boys if GP and the players are not up to it.

Currently I feel confident and excited about the upcoming season though. Desperately hoping for a marquee striker signing as well, but not actually expecting it.

From a personal standpoint I can accept Championship football the season after next if we prove not good enough. I do not want to watch what we saw in the last three months of last season again though.

An away win against at least one of the top six is on my wish list :smile:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think last season will have taught us a lot of lessons. Defending your way to survival with little attacking impetus is highly risky and we got away with it by the skin of our teeth.

The risk we face this season is over compensating and go for all out attack.

Ideally we balance the two to find the sweet spot.

GP comes across as calm and collected with a good footballing philosophy. We have a strong backbone and there is obvious promise in the players we bought last year who really did not deliver. The last element is the signings needed before season start as documented RB AM and striker.

I am feeling guarded optimistic and hope the brave decisions made pay dividends.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Regrettably I have little faith in our forwards. Just one new recognised forward with a decent goal scoring record would give my confidence in the new season a tremendous boost. I think the manager will be a revelation but generally you’re only as good as the players you have. I think we have just about enough in most other positions, although if Bissouma doesn’t cut the mustard this season, we could be short of a decent box to box midfielder with a bit of class.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I genuinely don't have a clue. I haven't seen anything from the team yet, not do the brief interviews with Potter give me a clue.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m not overly confident nor am I worried, I simply don’t know. I am looking forward to next season though and think that our new manager could be an astute bit of recruitment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In it to win it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really buzzing now Schelotto and Hemed are back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More confident than if we had kept Hughton, at least we may even score away from home this season

Careful the 'Chrissy Walks On Water' brigade will be after you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is USELESS without a poll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Every so often one gets a gut feeling about new manager as yet unproven on the Prem. I honestly feel we could well be dark horses, top 10. So yes I'm confident that this season will be better than the last, let's be honest it couldn't be much worse.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I’m feeling pretty good so far
The fact that he’s had them working with the ball from the get go says a lot and I’m expecting us to be moving up the pitch with much more intent. I also think that he’ll be able to coax some improvements out of the strikers and give them some confidence. I think we’ve got in on the ground floor with mr potter and he’ll get us up the table relatively comfortably and we’ll be sitting pretty in 10-15th and never any danger of relegation

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not confident one bit unless a quality striker is brought in. We only stayed up by the skin of our teeth. We have hardly strengthened.
A couple of big signings is needed.

Posting from a sunbed in Turkey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here