Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Official Fridat Drinks Thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quick food stop.

Now IMG_5040.jpgWarpigs Booty Call IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I've been chilling mine all day, just to get my PUNK ICE COLD enough,what a truly fantastic beer this really is!

icpunk.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Belgian Dry Hopped Wild AleIMG_5041.jpg

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I saw this was being puffed by The Bottle and Jug dept in Worthing, looked on the website and the price was conspicuous by its absence, dare I ask, how much for a bottle ?

As for me, I'm off Bassing on the lures tonight so it's a dry Frdat for me.
I bought a case up Lewes Gin & Fizz festival- works out £20 a bottle- bit more to buy an individual bottle £24 or thereabouts,well worth a try though,good luck with the Bassing, I am giving it a bash tomorrow spinning a "hot spot" local to me,let me know how you get on tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Two pints of Harvey’s Best and a Thomas Kemp at lunchtime in my local, home for a spot of lunch, bit of a nap and now having a nice Shiraz with a podcast catchup while Mrs The Clamp toils away at work. Will wrap it up early tonight though as we were round the neighbours last night til the early hours, having a dance and a few gins plus I’ll be off on a good 10 miler across the Downs tomorrow.
Have a lovely weekend all!

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some fruit flavoured cider and a barbecue at Abergavenny cricket club.

Which was nice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bloody love Nelson sauvin, it really does need to be in a single hopped beer to really shine through. I recently brewed a brut IPA where I put down a huge dry hop of just Nelson and it's great.

Absolutely. It’s my favourite hop by far and agree it needs to be single. If you ever get the chance try the Mikeller Brut Nelson Sauvin Belgian Wild Ale. It’s a complex drink, to be savoured, but it’s sweet, dank, sour, dry and so so good with the Nelson hop holding it all together .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bought a case up Lewes Gin & Fizz festival- works out £20 a bottle- bit more to buy an individual bottle £24 or thereabouts,well worth a try though,good luck with the Bassing, I am giving it a bash tomorrow spinning a "hot spot" local to me,let me know how you get on tonight.

Thanks for that, £24 well out of my range, that's more than 6 bottles of reasonable Cava in France !

Bassing was shat, went with a pal who had gone to the same spot Thursday evening, he gave me the classic " You should have been here yesterday" line ! anyway, the water just looked wrong, rotated my lures but we both had sod all, another bloke was wading along and ended up with us and he'd had sod all for 3 trips ! There ARE good Bass about and we can actually keep a sizer a day at the moment but I can't get near one !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
IMG_5043.jpg

This is what you need to look for

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Thanks for that, £24 well out of my range, that's more than 6 bottles of reasonable Cava in France !

Bassing was shat, went with a pal who had gone to the same spot Thursday evening, he gave me the classic " You should have been here yesterday" line ! anyway, the water just looked wrong, rotated my lures but we both had sod all, another bloke was wading along and ended up with us and he'd had sod all for 3 trips ! There ARE good Bass about and we can actually keep a sizer a day at the moment but I can't get near one !

One of the regulars in my place brought in an 8lb bass today, still had a bit of a twitch when I filleted him*

*the bass, not the regular

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of the regulars in my place brought in an 8lb bass today, still had a bit of a twitch when I filleted him*

*the bass, not the regular

Not sure if you should be telling me Chef, a, because it may have been naughty if money had exchanged hands and, b, because that makes me feel even worse of an angler !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here