NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Post now removed as incorrect.
Try not to get your news from Trump, he'll make you look like a liar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48186035

There has been one fatal stabbing every 1.45 days so far this year in England and Wales. If killings continued at that rate for the rest of the year, the total would be slightly lower than the 285 stabbing deaths recorded in 2017-18.

Thirty of the fatal stabbings were in London, 10 in Greater Manchester and eight in the West Midlands.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Try not to get your news from Trump, he'll make you look like a liar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48186035

There has been one fatal stabbing every 1.45 days so far this year in England and Wales. If killings continued at that rate for the rest of the year, the total would be slightly lower than the 285 stabbing deaths recorded in 2017-18.

Thirty of the fatal stabbings were in London, 10 in Greater Manchester and eight in the West Midlands.

I had already corrected before your post, thanks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't let motorcyclists on the road with L plates unless they are having lessons would be a start, make them pass their test first.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had already corrected before your post, thanks

I'll hazard a guess there are plenty who would assume your original statement to be correct.

I only knew you were very wrong because [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] made the exact same point, last week.
Unsurprisingly he didn't reply when shown just how wrong he'd been.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not a comment on these specific incidents obviously, as I know nothing of the details. But from what I observe as I drive around:

1. The standard of driving / consideration for other road users seems to have deteriorated quite markedly over the past 5 years or so. Also I still see plenty of motorists using phones whilst driving, or even wearing headphones.

2. The number of cyclists I see wearing headphones / earphones whilst riding (or even holding and looking at their phone) is staggering and frankly pretty much like writing your own death certificate.

Put the above two factors together on the same piece of road at the same time and hey presto - multiple road deaths.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a comment on these specific incidents obviously, as I know nothing of the details. But from what I observe as I drive around:

1. The standard of driving / consideration for other road users seems to have deteriorated quite markedly over the past 5 years or so. Also I still see plenty of motorists using phones whilst driving, or even wearing headphones.

2. The number of cyclists I see wearing headphones / earphones whislt riding (or even holding and looking at their phone) is staggering and frankly pretty much like writing your own death certificate.

Put the above two factors together on the same piece of road at the same time and hey presto - multiple road deaths.

Deffo.

I'll add to that the levels of safety that us car drivers enjoy goes someway to creating a feeling of invincibility, cocooned as we are in our luxury safe space.

Those numbers would suggest possibly only 1 or 2 of the fatalities come from behind the wheel (I assume because you can't get to life threatening speeds in London)

Only this morning, in my village, a Jewson's flat back lorry steamed (I genuinely mean steamed) through a red light.
Perhaps the driver was distracted, perhaps he just missed the light, maybe he was late I don't know, but anyone watching the lights and trying to nip across the road during the change in sequence would have been killed.
Luckily no one was.
Everything is fine.
The driver will have 'got away with one'.

But one day he might not.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Deffo.

I'll add to that the levels of safety that us car drivers enjoy goes someway to creating a feeling of invincibility, cocooned as we are in our luxury safe space.

Those numbers would suggest possibly only 1 or 2 of the fatalities come from behind the wheel (I assume because you can't get to life threatening speeds in London)

Only this morning, in my village, a Jewson's flat back lorry steamed (I genuinely mean steamed) through a red light.
Perhaps the driver was distracted, perhaps he just missed the light, maybe he was late I don't know, but anyone watching the lights and trying to nip across the road during the change in sequence would have been killed.
Luckily no one was.
Everything is fine.
The driver will have 'got away with one'.

But one day he might not.

Did you phone their transport department ?

Edit ! - I suppose it's about corroboration so ignore that !

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Don't let motorcyclists on the road with L plates unless they are having lessons would be a start, make them pass their test first.

Disagree, the frequency of claims for drivers on provisional licences is very low for both motorcyclists and car users. You'll find insurance premiums whilst learning are very cheap and sky rocket once drivers pass their tests.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

It's the scooter kids on their pizza deliveries and such that are the dangerous ones, generally those on powerful bikes are considerate road users (in town). Scooters and cyclists, just incredibly dangerous and unaware of their surroundings in London.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Would likely make no difference, I had a bike and passed my full MC licence years back but what lots of Motorcyclists do these days on the road is mental. It's only a matter of time before they come unstuck and on a bike that's a bad thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you phone their transport department ?

Edit ! - I suppose it's about corroboration so ignore that !

Oh I'm damn sure had I phoned Mr Jewson would have taken my complaint very seriously, but as said, there's plenty of reasons why it could have happened, no harm done, and I'm a firm believer in 'we're all entitled to screw up, so why make a bad situation worse'.

I've only ever done that once and that was years ago.
I was cycling between Northbrook and the Sussex Yeoman.
A lorry slowed, then overtook me, giving me plenty of room. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately he gave me so much room he had the perfect angle to turn left at the Yeoman roundabout. :facepalm:

He took the road away from me, had I not launched myself onto the pavement I'd have been under his wheels, I could have touched them, at the crucial point.

The transport manager got both barrels from me, when I finally got to work.
Then half an hour later the driver called me to humbly apologise.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's the scooter kids on their pizza deliveries and such that are the dangerous ones, generally those on powerful bikes are considerate road users (in town). Scooters and cyclists, just incredibly dangerous and unaware of their surroundings in London.

Would likely make no difference, I had a bike and passed my full MC licence years back but what lots of Motorcyclists do these days on the road is mental. It's only a matter of time before they come unstuck and on a bike that's a bad thing.

Yep definitely nothing to do with cars.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here