Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I love summer but.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is one thing that it brings that I can’t abide............

Fairgrounds... Now obviously I wouldn’t go in one - the smell alone puts me off buts it’s the damage they do to our lovely green parks. I stopped to watch ten minutes of cricket on One of our Greens the other day and the outfield has been affected .... also car boot sales get on my tits. And then there is...... frickin summer...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Fairgrounds... Now obviously I wouldn’t go in one - the smell alone puts me off buts it’s the damage they do to our lovely green parks. I stopped to watch ten minutes of cricket on One of our Greens the other day and the outfield has been affected .... also car boot sales get on my tits. And then there is...... frickin summer...

Questions, go back to bed and get out the other side!:lolol::lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Questions, go back to bed and get out the other side!:lolol::lolol:

That’s another thing ....she resisted putting on the summer quilt till about a week ago. Couldn’t go to the spare room because we are storing my daughters stuff in there till autumn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I love the smell of hot dogs that wafts sweetly through the fair - I can happily wander round enjoying myself without spending anything. If only the hot dogs tasted as good as they smell (they don't!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Spot on. They are absolutely shit.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you own a business a stick out an A Board to put up a recruitment poster the Local Authority are all over you like a rash .... the Fun Fair arrives in town and posters are routinely fly posted, anyone prosecuted, no, thought not! One rule for one and one rule for another, year in year out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I've always loved a funfair.

Walking across a darkened park towards the ridiculously distorted music blasting out from the old battered speakers, the smell of 3 week old grease being used to burn the f*** out of onions, the fun of having your change thrown at you just as the ride started and trying to figure out how much the pikey b******s had just robbed you of.

Forget Thorpe Park, a late 60s/early 70s funfair where the bolts only had to hold on for a week and there was no H&S. Proper excitement :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I tolerated them as a kid - even with the yearly punch ups with the kids from The Maybridge estate if it was at the lovely Palantine Park (cricket pitches cough) - and broke one of the dodgem boys ankles when he was showing off on the back of these pretty girls car. He jumped off just as I hit them side on. I didn’t mean to do it but I wasn’t that upset to be honest. I went back on the last ... half price night and he was still on crutches. He didn’t look that cool then tbh.
If you ate anything from their food stalls....good luck.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
buts it’s the damage they do to our lovely green parks.

It really does not do any long term damage. Sure the grass goes brown after a lack of light for 7-10 days, but it recovers in a few weeks unless there are drought conditions. To be fair it was never a perfect lawn anyway, full of weeds, pissed and crapped on everyday (humans too), football and other sports etc etc.. Nah, it’s fine, The Level is still there isn’t it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It really does not do any long term damage. Sure the grass goes brown after a lack of light for 7-10 days, but it recovers in a few weeks unless there are drought conditions. To be fair it was never a perfect lawn anyway, full of weeds, pissed and crapped on everyday (humans too), football and other sports etc etc.. Nah, it’s fine, The Level is still there isn’t it?
You’re talking about Brighton aren’t you ? I’m talking about the glory of Worthing and West Sussex’s parks. Higher quality areas altogether Woody.
Hot dogs made with 80% minced chicken.... how could you eat that.
‘Come and have a go lovely, a winner every time”

God, what time can I start drinking ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I tolerated them as a kid - even with the yearly punch ups with the kids from The Maybridge estate if it was at the lovely Palantine Park (cricket pitches cough) - and broke one of the dodgem boys ankles when he was showing off on the back of these pretty girls car. He jumped off just as I hit them side on. I didn’t mean to do it but I wasn’t that upset to be honest. I went back on the last ... half price night and he was still on crutches. He didn’t look that cool then tbh.
If you ate anything from their food stalls....good luck.

Exactly - Character building :wink:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Funfairs - really are a strange one in this day and age. How much longer can they keep going, they just never look busy. Compared to theme parks, the thrills on offer look very tame, conversely the age of some of the equipment suggests some genuinely frightening outcomes. I am however largely ambivalent.

Car boot sales on the other hand - FFS how many opportunities do people need to push shit from the boot of their car? Every other weekend on Adur Rec in the summer. What is the fascination? Other people are getting rid of stuff because it is shit, why do you think it will be anything else to you? What is wrong with just dumping all this stuff at a charity shop? The same shit shifters, can go sift through it any time of the week, without bringing Shoreham to a standstill on a Saturday morning. The tight wads might even bundle up all their stuff and get rid of it in one go, rather than coming back every two weeks, to see if someone will give them 50p for some shit that has sat in the attic/shed for the last 10 years. Plus some of the money goes to charity a win all round - and breathe.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Summer means one thing, and one thing only.

F@#£ing wasps.

tenor.gif

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Funfairs - really are a strange one in this day and age. How much longer can they keep going, they just never look busy. Compared to theme parks, the thrills on offer look very tame, conversely the age of some of the equipment suggests some genuinely frightening outcomes. I am however largely ambivalent.

Car boot sales on the other hand - FFS how many opportunities do people need to push shit from the boot of their car? Every other weekend on Adur Rec in the summer. What is the fascination? Other people are getting rid of stuff because it is shit, why do you think it will be anything else to you? What is wrong with just dumping all this stuff at a charity shop? The same shit shifters, can go sift through it any time of the week, without bringing Shoreham to a standstill on a Saturday morning. The tight wads might even bundle up all their stuff and get rid of it in one go, rather than coming back every two weeks, to see if someone will give them 50p for some shit that has sat in the attic/shed for the last 10 years. Plus some of the money goes to charity a win all round - and breathe.

Nice rant. I did one car boot over 25 years ago and sold a nice pram for a fiver thinking some mum to be would be dead chuffed she’d got a cracking bargain ( it was a top of the range.. Rolls Royce of proms)
Lo and behold some bitch bought it off me and even knocked me down pleading poverty and then half hour I saw it on her ‘stall’ for sale at 35 quid.
I was seething I tell you seething.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Walking across a darkened park towards the ridiculously distorted music blasting out from the old battered speakers, the smell of 3 week old grease being used to burn the f*** out of onions, the fun of having your change thrown at you just as the ride started and trying to figure out how much the pikey b******s had just robbed you of

Isn't this how the supposed rivalry between the Albion and :shit: started :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone actually LIKE a toffee apple ?

Or those shite framed mirrors with some crap 90s boy band printed in monochrome.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here