Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Televised games August & September

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Today is the 'approximate' date by which live TV selections are due to be made for August and September.

The opening weekend has already been scheduled, then after that we have, currently all Saturday 3pm k/o's:

Aug
17: West Ham (h)
24: Southampton (h)
31: Man City (a)
Sep
14: Burnley (h)
21:Newcastle (a)
28: Chelsea (a)

I'm going to take a guess of Southampton plus 1 away to be moved...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Where can I find a list of all of the 'dates' that matches will be announced for tv fixtures?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea and WHU aside I can’t see any of the other games being attractive to Sky and none of them are box office early season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Man City away and Chelsea away will be the only ones televised.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes I think the love affair with Brighton has died especially with the dross that we threw up last season. Can’t see many of our games being attractive apart from the Man City game away which they will be hoping to see a cricket score

Chelsea and WHU aside I can’t see any of the other games being attractive to Sky and none of them are box office early season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes I think the love affair with Brighton has died especially with the dross that we threw up last season. Can’t see many of our games being attractive apart from the Man City game away which they will be hoping to see a cricket score

As Potter sneaks his team into the Premier League, under the radar!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I have noticed in the previous 2 years we (and other lowly) teams get a lot of coverage early season up to Xmas. My theory is that this gets our mandatory coverage out of the way to enable the big 6 to be covered almost exclusively 2nd half of the season.

el punal

After last season’s lack of excitement in most of our games, some of which were woeful, I would imagine we’d be bottom of the list for TV companies wishing to show us in a live match. One consolation, if this is the case, we won’t be buggered around as much as other clubs when kick off dates and times are changed.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I have noticed in the previous 2 years we (and other lowly) teams get a lot of coverage early season up to Xmas. My theory is that this gets our mandatory coverage out of the way to enable the big 6 to be covered almost exclusively 2nd half of the season.

Almost certainly correct. We have to appear a minimum number of times and like you say , it frees up obligations later on

I suspect Southampton H will be moved as Sky seem to love that one.

Hopefully not too many home 3pm's will get hit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. Games like Brighton Burnley early in the season are therefore attractive to the tv companies.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s about numbers that’s why games like Southampton and West Ham at home are prime to be moved to a lunchtime or 5.30pm slot.

If it’s a weak set of fixtures that weekend they can show what’s likely to be a competitive game and tick a few boxes on the TV contract.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chelsea might still have the whole Lampard factor going on, so I reckon that one might be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here