[Misc] Happy 4th of July to US based Seagulls

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
cjamq0vucaagchx.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’m surprised that the Americans don’t honour the French for winning the war of independence for them.

Turkey..mais non! It should be Fois Gras and some nice frogs and snails.

If I was French...apart from being interested in Beautiful boys, burning sheep or having a load of mistresses..I’d be offended that I didn’t even get a mention in Mel Gibson’s masterpiece “the patriot” and the fact that French is not the native language of the US of A.

Look it up if you doubt it.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
And they cant even make a decent cup of tea,,, bloody heathens .. you do not put tea in salt water,, you warm the pot and then put tea leaves and hot water in.. its not a difficult

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I’m surprised that the Americans don’t honour the French for winning the war of independence for them.

If I was French...apart from being interested in Beautiful boys, burning sheep or having a load of mistresses..I’d be offended that I didn’t even get a mention in Mel Gibson’s masterpiece “the patriot” and the fact that French is not the native language of the US of A.

Indeed... Well put! If it wasn't for the Canadians/French they would have been done at home by at least 10-0

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The 13 colonies of the British Empire have done quite well for themselves to be fair.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There is an old joke in the US that goes does the UK have a fourth of July? The answer from an American is "no, why would the UK celebrate the fourth of July?" The response is "So they skip from July 3rd to July 5th?"

Today, before midnight, I wanted to pass over the fourth of July to Friday. Really bad day.

Yes, it's now Friday and I feel a lot better.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

For a country that speaks mostly English the names reflect the French influence a lot. Saint Louis, Champaign, Detroit, Joliet, Des Plaines, Decatur, Terre Haute, Lafayette, Illinois, Creve Coeur, La Grange, Prairie du Rocher, Versailles, De Motte, LaCrosse, French Lick, Notre Dame, Portage, Vincennes. Those are just names from my Chicago area and slightly beyond map.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If I was French...apart from being interested in Beautiful boys, burning sheep or having a load of mistresses..I’d be offended that I didn’t even get a mention in Mel Gibson’s masterpiece “the patriot”.

You must have missed the fact that despite being an enemy in that movie at the beginning one of Mel Gibson's character's best friends at the end is the French military officer.

tcheky-karyo-mel-gibson-the-patriot-2000-BPGXW2.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
One of the most widely held misconceptions about the Declaration of Independence is that it was signed on July 4, 1776. In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn’t signed until August 2, 1776, nearly a month after its adoption. Although August 2, 1776, was the date of the official signing ceremony, there were several people who signed on later dates.

I'll "celebrate" with Boston Tea in August.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You must have missed the fact that despite being an enemy in that movie at the beginning one of Mel Gibson's character's best friends at the end is the French military officer.

tcheky-karyo-mel-gibson-the-patriot-2000-BPGXW2.jpg

OK...we’ll, there was him. But that Monsieur was a sort of advisor...I don’t recall him bringing his Navy, thousands of mates, tons of guns and bags of francs with him. I must have missed that bit whilst enjoying watching British soldiers burning churches packed with women and children like we were the prototypical Einsatzgruppen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Donald Trump knew how it was won. "The Continental Army suffered a bitter winner at Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown. Our Army manned the air, it ran the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

Once the RAF was nullified, there was nothing Cornwallis could do and had to surrender. I believe that was the RAF's first significant defeat. Surprised Mel Gibson didn't cover that

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I see that Donald Trump knew how it was won. "The Continental Army suffered a bitter winner at Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown. Our Army manned the air, it ran the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

Once the RAF was nullified, there was nothing Cornwallis could do and had to surrender. I believe that was the RAF's first significant defeat. Surprised Mel Gibson didn't cover that

Now those were hot air balloons that the RAF dropped ordinance from at that time, correct? Cannon balls shot from the air?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here