Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
    Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, has it changed? Still time..
    The same as last year - The day before the Friday night opening match of the PL season.
    Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      I just wonder if Graham Potter has been told that part of his remit is to try and get the expensive signings of Locardia, Jahanbakhsh, Andone and some of last season’s other ineffective players to step up and produce. Potter certainly has managed to do that at Swansea and Ostersunds on a limited budget but with a fair amount of success.

In my opinion I think those three players I’ve mentioned should be given a chance to prove themselves, new manager, new slate, new tactics and all that. I felt all three showed promise last season however limited it was. Maybe, with a different approach and playing style they’ll flourish. Wishful thinking perhaps - we’ll find out soon enough.
      If he can't, Then I would like to think those responsible for scouting and obtaining them are not untouchable.
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Like many on here, my big fear is that we're going to go with what we've got, that this will fail as a strategy, and that we'll struggle to find three worse sides than us. But there is always that glimmer of a hope that a proven striker will sign for us. It's the hope that kills you, though.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Connolly looks pretty solid in build. Like a mini Rooney.

Would absolutely love this guy to be a good prem player this season. Be so much sweeter than a purchased success

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
      There's still seven weeks before the window closes so plenty of time to make new signings. Inconceivable that one of those won't be a striker.
      I'm sure the club are searching assiduosly for a striker. The problem is so are all the other clubs in the PL, La Liga, the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Primeira Liga etc etc etc - ergo it's a sellers market and, as we know, we do not pay over the odds. It could be a long, frustrating and ultimately fruitless wait.
      برايتون حتى أموت
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gully Forever View Post
      If he can't, Then I would like to think those responsible for scouting and obtaining them are not untouchable.
      If that were to be the case I would imagine Tony would be mightily hacked off. That’s an awful lot of his cash-splash gushing down the drain.

Be positive though, and think the opposite.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Is Bissouma not likely to fill that roll?

This analysis suggests he may be.

https://totalfootballanalysis-com.cd...premier-league
      Interesting analysis. Bissouma is obviously a delightful player with so many qualities, but there are a few issues that concern me about him. One of which is his engine, which wasn't something that was covered in that article, but is pivotal for a box-to-box midfielder. Of current PL players, Doucoure stands out, and he really covers some ground. I'd be interested to see how much distance Bissouma covers -- and, on this, it might be unfair to judge him on last season, as CH's requirement to be 'compact' would have had an impact on that. I do remember a recent stat posted on here that Bissouma outdid Pogba at one thing: walking. Which I find concerning.

PS, I think you mean role, not roll. Silly sausage.

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ustria-so-far/

"Sometimes the easy solution is you look elsewhere but just spending money doesn't guarantee you are going to improve or get better, I think the first point of call is to try to help them improve and take a step forward.”
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Interesting analysis. Bissouma is obviously a delightful player with so many qualities, but there are a few issues that concern me about him. One of which is his engine, which wasn't something that was covered in that article, but is pivotal for a box-to-box midfielder. Of current PL players, Doucoure stands out, and he really covers some ground. I'd be interested to see how much distance Bissouma covers -- and, on this, it might be unfair to judge him on last season, as CH's requirement to be 'compact' would have had an impact on that. I do remember a recent stat posted on here that Bissouma outdid Pogba at one thing: walking. Which I find concerning.

PS, I think you mean role, not roll. Silly sausage.
      I agree totally, especially regarding Doucoure, he is a great player.

And forgive my slip, the wife has me on a diet. My mind was in the fridge.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ustria-so-far/

"Sometimes the easy solution is you look elsewhere but just spending money doesn't guarantee you are going to improve or get better, I think the first point of call is to try to help them improve and take a step forward.”
      or "“It’s not as simple as just signing a player. It’s got to be the right one that fits with us. We are in that process now of making sure we’ve got a good understanding of what we’ve got already but, of course, we’ll try to improve as well."

Still the most obvious scenario is we sign a few more players as will the rest of the Prem . Not sure why anyone imagines we wouldn't.
      Parsing Potter's quotes for a clue one way or the other though is pretty pointless and unlikely to reveal much. Of course he's going to say at this point, 2 weeks into training that he's getting to know the squad and that the signings from last year, for example, could offer more. . .
      at the same time he's probably talking to the recruitment team *every* day seeing how things are going.