Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Rest assured that we will get the players that GP deem fit to enable us to be competitive. It really has been an extremely quiet start to the window all around the PL. We have just over 4 weeks of the window to go. Seeing as most teams are back now for pre season you would envisage that things will start to pick up.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395
    Lets all do the conga

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We could be virtually down by than - ultimately at least three/four of last season's big signings are duffers plain and simple: Big Jurgs (Jan prior granted), Comical Ali and, BIG leon and Florin 'Ban done...' I've said elsewhere and I'm happy to reiterate here that GP may well have a progressive attacking philosophy, but he hasn't got the players to deliver it at this level - not in a million years. So far we've added a former Belgium under 21 international and, and ... little else of consequence has happened at all.

Still we've got Tomer back... all is not lost.

In all seriousness if this was and remains the strategy re recruitment CH will be glad he was axed when he was. GP can't make Ali into a better than average PL player or indeed Jurgs into a PL player of any sort, because... guess what?!? they are not and never will be.

Here's hoping we bring in a new CM, RB and Striker before we open for the season, otherwise we are screwed.
      This with bells on! - I’m really surprised how many on here are content with our squad and believe all of a sudden there’s gonna be a massive improvement in players like Ali J n Loco etc when it was clear last season a number of players aren’t up to it and we cannot wait to strengthen in January either

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion100 View Post
      I still think sacking CH was a stupid decision. If we are left with the same players and an unproven manager in the Prem we'll be the first team down. In my opinion it was blatantly obvious that the players are just not good enough. I hope I'm wrong.
      That does not make sense at all. This team kept us up 2 seasons ago and we had a very good run upto Xmas. I know it went down the toilet after, but that doesn't mean that the players we have cannot compete in the PL.

We have played some really good football since being in the PL and, with a few small additions and the new manager, I think we'll survive and be competitive this season.

Second half v Newcastle most recent example.
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by durrington gull View Post
      This with bells on! - I’m really surprised how many on here are content with our squad and believe all of a sudden there’s gonna be a massive improvement in players like Ali J n Loco etc when it was clear last season a number of players aren’t up to it and we cannot wait to strengthen in January either
      This with added bells! I see people saying we’ll be okay... hmmmmm my issue is that the high energy and determination of the first season wonderment have diminished, second season into third season syndrome is a real possibility unless we embellish the squad with actual genuine quality... BUT that costs and we’re not prepared to go big... hence relegation is a very real possibility... whoever is in charge. GP is going to have a baptism of fire, if indeed we’re going all in to prove Jurgen being shit was all down to CH... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Last edited by Kosh; 09-07-2019 at 18:44.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      Members

We are still trying to make new signings right?

4 Not allowed!
      Iím amazed by how negative some are. Weíve made 2 very good looking signings so far and have a month to sign three players basically - a right back, centre mid and striker - itís very realistic. Not many other premier league sides have signed more than two player so far either.

Iím hoping, and confident he is, Potter is a manager who will get more out of the existing players who I think are actually very good players and were under coached and badly used last year. Plus we do seem to have a group of very talented youngsters coming through which also boosts the squad.

Iím totally relaxed about where we are and canít wait for the season to start.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Glad to see people are finally beginning to wake up to the disaster the club is sleepwalking towards.
      a little extreme?
      WEST STAND ANDY

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      This with added bells! I see people saying weíll be okay... hmmmmm my issue is that the high energy and determination of the first season wonderment have diminished, second season into third season syndrome is a real possibility unless we embellish the squad with actual genuine quality... BUT that costs and weíre not prepared to go big... hence relegation is a very real possibility... whoever is in charge. GP is going to have a baptism of fire, if indeed weíre going all in to prove Jurgen being shit was all down to CH... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      You could always throw a few million of your own money into the kitty to help the club get the players needed?

I'm sure the club are looking at other possible signings but in the large part most transfer business gets done late in the day whether we like it or not. Be grateful we've already signed 2 - plus we've also got Tomer back!

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by southstandandy View Post
      You could always throw a few million of your own money into the kitty to help the club get the players needed?
      We could call it the Forty Million Notes Club.
      I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first.

(Arrigo Sacchi, Italian national coach; coach, AC Milan, x2.etc. Never played a day professionally)

0 Not allowed!
      1 enticement of bloom's to magic 'arry potter will have been a reasonable spunk trumpet budget;
      2 in already, a month left, CHILL!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by durrington gull View Post
      This with bells on! - Iím really surprised how many on here are content with our squad and believe all of a sudden thereís gonna be a massive improvement in players like Ali J n Loco etc when it was clear last season a number of players arenít up to it and we cannot wait to strengthen in January either
      Think Harry Kane - Spurs fans wanted him out. Think Vardy, 5 goals in 34 appearances in first season with Leicester. Think Ashley Barnes, WTF did Dyche think of when buying him?

Players, especially offensive ones, can react very differently with new systems, new ideas, new manager. Forget January, it ain't going to happen and even if it does will be too late. Have faith with GP finding something from JL, AJ, FA that we have not seen hitherto. It may not happen, but for sure it would never have happened under CH's regime of training them all to defend.