Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion100 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think sacking CH was a stupid decision. If we are left with the same players and an unproven manager in the Prem we'll be the first team down. In my opinion it was blatantly obvious that the players are just not good enough. I hope I'm wrong.
    can we get the thumbs down back, please.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      I think it might be worth waiting until the transfer window SLAMS shut before pissing the bed, as some on here already are.
      "I never mentioned horses!"
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Blimey, first time I've opened this thread. Didn't expect to see so much negativity at this stage of summer about our prospects. Think some people need to get a new hobby and forget about football for a bit!

Can't imagine what it would have been like on here if we'd just spunked 20 mill on Tyrone Mings, as Villa have just done
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      Think Harry Kane - Spurs fans wanted him out. Think Vardy, 5 goals in 34 appearances in first season with Leicester. Think Ashley Barnes, WTF did Dyche think of when buying him?

Players, especially offensive ones, can react very differently with new systems, new ideas, new manager. Forget January, it ain't going to happen and even if it does will be too late. Have faith with GP finding something from JL, AJ, FA that we have not seen hitherto. It may not happen, but for sure it would never have happened under CH's regime of training them all to defend.
      So are you happy with those crop of players??- do you think we have enough as it stands to stay up?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by durrington gull View Post
      So are you happy with those crop of players??- do you think we have enough as it stands to stay up?
      I think we have a better squad than Bournemouth with the exception of Wilson. If Potter is better than Smug Ed, we should be higher than them come the end of the season. The club are not giving up on the likes of AJ, Jurgs, Montoya, Andone & Balogun, they’ve brought in a manager to get the best out of those signings. I trust their judgement this time.
      :guitar:
      A tad aggressive.

1 Not allowed!
      Yes to both questions.

Would I like a few more players? Obviously
      Do I think as the squads currently stand there are 3 worse teams? Absolutely.

If the transfer window closed now I think we’d stay up.
      If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      You’re known as a artefact

Kwengface - Fire In The Booth
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I don’t know whether I am happy with this crop of players. Read what I said. I am certainly not happy with their performances to date. But they all had form previously. So they are not crap and either need time, encouragement, and coaching to produce more acceptable performances or, simply, they may find the step up too much. My point is that CH concentrating on defence too much may not have given them that time, encouragement, and coaching.

I obviously don’t know that, but posters who simply write them off must by definition think we shall struggle, because they are going nowhere. Even one excellent striker may not be enough as he will not feature in all 38 matches.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Love us to make some more signings but will be happier going into the season with whatever we have, even over lots of new signings and CH still in charge. Win/win for me and I expect us to be around the bottom again but be more fun to watch. That will do for me.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      I usually lurch optimistically towards the sunny uplands, but right now I would not put money on us staying up. I think we need a powerful athletic forward, especially away from home, where we just come under too much pressure. I am not necessarily looking for a world beater here, just something different to what we currently have and someone who can be ready to start the season, even as an impact sub.

A couple more positions, could also do with strengthening, particularly at right back, but this is possibly less urgent. Confidence in a new manager and a new system, is going to require a good start to the season, otherwise a lack of self belief, could really get a grip, so getting a couple of players in early is a good start and we have enough squad strength to let a couple more spend some time bedding in, provided we don't pick up a big injury list.
      "And the beep says goal!" - Jonathan Pearce MotD 05/05/18
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not convinced many more signings are going to happen soon.

Striker - waiting until the end of AFCON to assess whether Percy Tau can get a permit ? In any case, Potter may be impressed by Connolly, Mlakar and Gyokeres. Oh, and #BringBackBarnes, obviously.

Right back - we could even go with Schelotto ( although he isn't fit enough for the Austrian camp ).

Attacking Central Midfield cover - step forward Steven Alzate.

So that just leaves a Box2Box Midfield Beast - I hope we get one.
      Last edited by Blue Valkyrie; 10-07-2019 at 08:43.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto