Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are still trying to make new signings right?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When is it permitted to start having real concerns about our transfer business?

So far we have signed cover at CB and a replacement for an injured wide player.

We have not addressed any of the major concerns in the first team and the clock is ticking.

With rumours of Isaac Hayden, Kemar Roofe and Ollie McBurnie, I have to say my current expectation is on the floor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We have not addressed any of the major concerns in the first team and the clock is ticking.

With rumours of Isaac Hayden, Kemar Roofe and Ollie McBurnie, I have to say my current expectation is on the floor.

Not yet. There haven’t been that many decent signings in the PL yet. Two decent additions is about par (and we haven’t lost any key players either)

phoenix

May 18, 2009

The day after the window closes!

Put it this way if you were fussing about not enough singings the day before closure, then we signed 3 on final day, you would look a bit of a pratt. Or even asking is it too soon to be concerned !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Under 4 weeks left but not much more to do.

Băluţă and Alzate are big positives which reduce the recruitment requirements.

As I *humbly* see it, we need :

1 - A striker.
2 - A right back.
3 - (Potentially) a replacement for Knockaert ( more central attacking / central midfield).
4 - (Potentially) a replacement for Balogun.

2-4 to come in, there is enough time to do that, perhaps 1 more in before Crawley ? ???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I ****ing hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
In the past many of our signings were players surplus to the selling teams requirements We are now in the market for players that the selling club would be happy to keep hold of a player and will only sanction a move if it improves their team, It might be a very frantic last few hours

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Under 4 weeks left but not much more to do.

Băluţă and Alzate are big positives which reduce the recruitment requirements.

As I *humbly* see it, we need :

1 - A striker.
2 - A right back.
3 - (Potentially) a replacement for Knockaert ( more central attacking / central midfield).
4 - (Potentially) a replacement for Balogun.

2-4 to come in, there is enough time to do that, perhaps 1 more in before Crawley ? ???

Humbly, ACM is our main weakness in my opinion. The Albion don’t create and even the relegation mix clubs outplay in that department.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Humbly, ACM is our main weakness in my opinion. The Albion don’t create and even the relegation mic clubs outplay in that department.
We'll need to lose a player from the squad in that case ( not counting Dunk - he'd be replaced directly ). Unless the striker or rightback is U21 ( Bogle ? )...

Maybe Knockaert ? Otherwise King Kayal may be vulnerable ?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We'll need to lose a player from the squad in that case ( not counting Dunk - he'd be replaced directly ). Unless the striker or rightback is U21 ( Bogle ? )...

Maybe Knockaert ? Otherwise King Kayal may be vulnerable ?

That will have to be the way then. We had shocking ‘Big chances created’ PL stats last season, and anecdotally to our eyes in 80% of matches we were plodding and predictable.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Balogun; Steele; Suttner; Schelotto. Take your pick.

Balogun - we'll replace with another CB - we need 5 in the 25 to have the option of 3 at the back.

Steele - We surely won't go with just 2 gk in the 25. Don't forget Sanchez is over 21.

Suttner - not in the 25 anyway. If he is, Bong isn't. We won't go with just 1 LB in the 25.

Schelotto - not in the 25 unless we don't recruit a rightback.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Balogun - we'll replace with another CB - we need 5 in the 25 to have the option of 3 at the back.
No we don't.

Steele - We surely won't go with just 2 gk in the 25. Don't forget Sanchez is over 21.
Didn't know that - fair point.

Suttner - not in the 25 anyway. If he is, Bong isn't. We won't go with just 1 LB in the 25.
OK, stick with Bernardo and Bong!

Schelotto - not in the 25 unless we don't recruit a rightback.
Last time I looked - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?373782-25-Man-Squad-2019-Edition/page2 - there were two empty spaces in the 25; obviously Trossard has taken one of them, leaving the other one free for the dominant midfielder we so desperately need. If we don't get another RB we'll just have to rely on youth - which wouldn't surprise me. Same applies if we were plagued by injuries to our CBs and were suddenly desperate to go to three at the back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No we don't.

Didn't know that - fair point.

OK, stick with Bernardo and Bong!

Last time I looked - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?373782-25-Man-Squad-2019-Edition/page2 - there were two empty spaces in the 25; obviously Trossard has taken one of them, leaving the other one free for the dominant midfielder we so desperately need. If we don't get another RB we'll just have to rely on youth - which wouldn't surprise me. Same applies if we were plagued by injuries to our CBs and were suddenly desperate to go to three at the back.

We had a 23 man squad.

- Bruno = 22

- Izquierdo = 21

+ Clarke = 22

+ Trossard = 23.

Look at my original post. I'd already said about recruiting a striker and a rightback...

so 25 already.

I also pointed out... 'unless the striker or RB is U21 ( Bogle ? )' so that was covered in the next post.

So, like I said... to squeeze another ACM in the squad we need to lose someone. I then wondered whether this would be Knockaert or Kayal...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Certainly still looking to complete some deals but I imagine it's a bit of a waiting game with a few options available in a couple of positions and any 1 of those players would be acceptable. We're not in the same situation as Barcelona where we only have 1 player we want and only work on signing him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We had a 23 man squad.

- Bruno = 22

- Izquierdo = 21

+ Clarke = 22

+ Trossard = 23.

Look at my original post. I'd already said about recruiting a striker and a rightback...

so 25 already.

I also pointed out... 'unless the striker or RB is U21 ( Bogle ? )' so that was covered in the next post.

So, like I said... to squeeze another ACM in the squad we need to lose someone. I then wondered whether this would be Knockaert or Kayal...
We need the midfielder more than the striker, IMO. The strikers we've got will score more than last season if they get the supply and support from midfield that was sadly lacking in attacking play last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need the midfielder more than the striker, IMO. The strikers we've got will score more than last season if they get the supply and support from midfield that was sadly lacking in attacking play last season.
Maybe we do - it's a fair point of view.

I suspect and hope we'll get both... but it could well mean someone has to go. Then again if the rightback is Bogle, who is U21, then issue solved.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
With talk of potential moves for Dunk and Knockaert, it makes sense not to spend money just yet, as our budget may be about to double, making better targets obtainable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With talk of potential moves for Dunk and Knockaert, it makes sense not to spend money just yet, as our budget may be about to double, making better targets obtainable.
I've long thought this may be the case, but we need this sorted out with enough time left to actually spend the fee.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I don't think bloom is the type of chairman to spend big on a replacement. If there isn't obvious value in a players resale in 3/4 years then we wouldn't consider them and we won't be paying much more than £20m for anybody

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I've long thought this may be the case, but we need this sorted out with enough time left to actually spend the fee.

Most deals get done in the last day or so of the window, no need to sweat just yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here