Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Royal Marines Storm Iranian Ship

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe he will. And I'm sure the right wing press and the people who generally like (and profit from) violence and war will pillory him for urging caution. And maybe in time the consensus will be that we should have exercised more caution and be less quick to use military force.

Royal Marines storm super tanker using helicopters and speedboats http://news.sky.com/story/gibraltar-detains-super-tanker-carrying-oil-to-syria-11756345

Corbyn will be along soon in defence of the Islamic Republic of Iran!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Gibraltar en-route from Iran to Syria?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is if you don’t want to risk the Suez Canal

Ah yes, the long way round. Is this how we'll operate as a nation going forward? Using our military might to capture ships and take the booty?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah yes, the long way round. Is this how we'll operate as a nation going forward? Using our military might to capture ships and take the booty?

Not sure we could do that 'going forward'. The seizure was enacted to enforce an EU sanction. It will soon not be our business to get involved in such things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure we could do that 'going forward'. The seizure was enacted to enforce an EU sanction. It will soon not be our business to get involved in such things.

Might be the other way round ie EU capturing British boats carrying WTO breaking contraband.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Of course we couldn’t.

As a world power & player, we’re going to be pretty much irrelevant after Halloween, much to the benefit and joy of Russia, USA, China, Syria & Iran.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course we couldn’t.

As a world power & player, we’re going to be pretty much irrelevant after Halloween, much to the benefit and joy of Russia, USA, China, Syria & Iran.

Even more ironic then that we had the capabilities to deal with this when the more ‘local’ Armada Española clearly weren’t up to this.

I’m sorry to disappoint you but the Royal Navy is the 5th Biggest Navy in the world (and growing )and the biggest in Europe, I think we will be absolutely capable of taking care of business.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Even more ironic then that we had the capabilities to deal with this when the more ‘local’ Armada Española clearly weren’t up to this.

I’m sorry to disappoint you but the Royal Navy is the 5th Biggest Navy in the world (and growing )and the biggest in Europe, I think we will be absolutely capable of taking care of business.

What EU rules will we be enforcing?

We won’t have any authority to do anything.

We’ll just be supporting US foreign policy so we don’t upset them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Be more like Spanish and French trawlers being caught inside our waters.
Lots of issues about fishing rights, always has been and always will be, leaving the EU won't change any of that as fish don't respect territorial waters. Also HUGE problems with quotas and who owns, or should I say, has the right to exploit a species / fishery.

There was a TV prog this week called Celebrity Trawlermen, usual fly on wall/put softies in harsh conditions and watch them crack.... There was an interesting moment when they were dumping Cod of a decent size and a " celeb " asked " why are we dumping this lovely fish? " answer.. " It's the bloody EU quotas.... We aren't allowed to land them " this really is epic bullshit as for years boats have had no qualms about dumping perfectly good fish of low value to make room for more valuable species.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here