Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lawyer Found Dead at Beachy Head

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Very sad.
I don't know exactly how much wine that represents but it sounds quite a lot. Surprising really, for a highly skilled and responsible professional but maybe indicates an underlying problem.

Really, three 150ml bottles? Sometimes life events coupled with stress & fatigue can play a part, lets just cut a little slack, she did die after all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very sad.
I don't know exactly how much wine that represents but it sounds quite a lot. Surprising really, for a highly skilled and responsible professional but maybe indicates an underlying problem.

"Given three bottles of wine" suggests the mini bottles that you see in-flight, although they seem less common these days, even in economy. I'm frankly surprised they were being handed out in business class, but I can't see a passenger being given three 750ml bottles - that would be wholly irresponsible.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Really, three 150ml bottles? Sometimes life events coupled with stress & fatigue can play a part, lets just cut a little slack, she did die after all.

I know, I know...cut me some slack....I was only suggesting that it seemed quite a lot for breakfast and that she may have had some issues. The cabin crew clearly thought it was enough. I expressed how very sad it was and it was a very gentle musing in what is a very sensitive matter.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Social Media and the Internet drives yet another person to suicide....

As for 3 x 150ml bottles, she probably had a skinful in the lounge before that. She clearly had a drinking problem, and that led to her (in a normal society, unforgivable) actions on the aeroplane. Yes, we've all said and done twatty things whilst hammered - but yes, she should have thought about the off switch.

Thirty years ago, she'd have been arrested and jailed - then got out, learned a lesson, and rebuilt her life. Now, thanks to social media and the "internet that never forgets" she saw no end to it all, and committed suicide.

Very sad indeed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst three 187.5ml bottles (usual size handed out, although in business they often serve from normal sized bottles) isn't a vast amount, it's very likely she spent at least a couple of hours in a business class lounge caning it before the flight to be in the kind of condition that contributed to her behaviour. Poor woman and poor family - so sad.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Social Media and the Internet drives yet another person to suicide....

As for 3 x 150ml bottles, she probably had a skinful in the lounge before that. She clearly had a drinking problem, and that led to her (in a normal society, unforgivable) actions on the aeroplane. Yes, we've all said and done twatty things whilst hammered - but yes, she should have thought about the off switch.

Thirty years ago, she'd have been arrested and jailed - then got out, learned a lesson, and rebuilt her life. Now, thanks to social media and the "internet that never forgets" she saw no end to it all, and committed suicide.

Very sad indeed.
Good points, no one forgets these days,very sad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No need to go into her previous mistake - nobody died and it belongs in the past. Just such a shame she took her own life. RIP.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Having seen the video she should have been restrained and silenced rather than allowed to roam about the aircraft yelling and shouting. Would have saved her some face too.
I suspect the plane behaviour was a symptom of mental health issues and then the subsequent internet exposure probably did for her.

Very sad. Nobody should have to go that way.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know, I know...cut me some slack....I was only suggesting that it seemed quite a lot for breakfast and that she may have had some issues. The cabin crew clearly thought it was enough. I expressed how very sad it was and it was a very gentle musing in what is a very sensitive matter.

Fair point, I personally wouldn't want a Chablis for breakfast but I guess certain words can be used to dramatise a situation, i.e. breakfast where she was going not where she'd come from etc, a bottle of wine (150ml or 750ml) that said she was clearly distressed / drunk so the crew got it right. Mind you when you're spending £10,000 to fly 11 hours or so I'd want alcohol!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If she was discovered on 1st June, why is it only being reported now?

I presume there’s many reasons. Formal identification, notifying family first come to mind. These can occasionally take some time I guess.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
just shows that mental health issues can affect anyone and how important it is to keep an eye on family and friends. Often the most outgoing and apparently confident people can be suffering the most.

This is a truly sad story for everyone involved. I hope the innocent people involved feel no guilt.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Argus gleefully reported on her arrest and yet strangely are very silent in the part the (traditional) media played in her suicide.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here