Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frank Lampard appointed Chelsea manager

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Interesting. A couple of questions: were all the youngsters he involved loanees? If not, how many from your academy/DS/u23s played, and for how many games/minutes?

Most notable of course, Jayden Bogle with > 40 games, he hadn't made his debut previously. Mason Bennett had a significant season with > 20 games depsite injury - No other manager had put that trust in him, a couple more played a handful of games but most telling for me was his willingness to put academy players on the bench for big games ahead of far more experienced players - For example, Jason Knight and Callum Macdonald were subs in the playoff final, despite never having made a first team appearance, that's brave, I admire Lampard for that.

One change he made was to have the first team playing a style that better reflected the academy teams, that's important - Like I said, he will be missed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
An Englishman in charge of a Top 6 side - how rare.

It's tricky - I quite like Lampard but I detest Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised to see him manage the Albion one day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good move, they will probably struggle by their standards next season, but a young English manager is a good appointment for a top six club. As has been pointed out, very few get the chance at any of those clubs. I hope he gets a top four spot using youngsters, they have about three teams worth out on loan. Recall them all, see what there is. Show the Prem that English/British youngsters can compete in the higher echelons of the division.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gone by November

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
D-oBmsTXkAEkEOg.jpg

This aged well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck to him :shrug:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
An Englishman in charge of a Top 6 side - how rare.

It's tricky - I quite like Lampard but I detest Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised to see him manage the Albion one day.

I doubt they'll be a top 6 side for long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
FAO Bozza:

Please, please, for the duration can you make the forum autocorrect "Chelsea" to "Chelsea's Frankie Lampard's Chelsea"...?

Pretty please?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I doubt they'll be a top 6 side for long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have serious doubts they will finish in the top 6 this coming season. Abramovich seems to have lost interest in Chelsea being the super power they once were, along with an inexperienced manager at this level, Hazard leaving and a transfer embargo. May well be wrong, but can see them imploding this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#LampardOut. :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had five live on in my car today and they actually said "Tammy Abraham and Ross Barclay scored for Frank Lambard's Chelsea today ....."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Potter is Brighton's first in 10 years (since Slade)

I do regard Hughton as English in reality though. Well, 'home grown'.

Using that qualifier, I wonder if many top flight clubs of recent times have had two English coaches in a row.

Actually, there's probably a few with the little Pardew merry-go-round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here