Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone or Locardia

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think they are both capable of more than they’ve shown us so far. They could be the next Small and Byrne!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmmm BG telling us of a 'failure' he scouted and insisted the club should sign.

Dunno about you but that seems somewhat unlikely to me.

You have completely changed that as the only 2 that I said we should sign was Paul Rogers and Trevor Stevens and Alan Mullery sent the then Chief Scout to watch Stevens who said no he was too small. I was sent to Sutton to watch a striker Francis Ariwateife and saw Rogers playing for them and was impressed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He won't, we can all but guarantee at least one will fail.

But, they'll each be given a decent opportunity to prove themselves and prove Mr Bloom's £35m investment sound.

I'll be amazed if AK is as 'favoured' in the future as he has been in the past.
I'd put Solly in the same bracket as Big Jurg and Ali as a player who could produce so much more, if he takes to the new manager.
Although he has to advantage or should that be disadvantage that he'll be doing that from an elevated position.

Why would you be amazed regarding AK? If the likes of AJ and Locadia are going to flourish under this new attacking regime, why won't AK's contributions also improve, a player who does actually score goals and set people up occasionally?

I'm expecting March to be a key player for Potter. Just the type I think he'll look for in being able to switch from attacking to defending and pressing within an instant. We might be tactically looking to attack more, but we'll still have a huge amount of defending to do in this league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would you be amazed regarding AK? If the likes of AJ and Locadia are going to flourish under this new attacking regime, why won't AK's contributions also improve, a player who does actually score goals and set people up occasionally?

I'm expecting March to be a key player for Potter. Just the type I think he'll look for in being able to switch from attacking to defending and pressing within an instant. We might be tactically looking to attack more, but we'll still have a huge amount of defending to do in this league.

I'm not convinced AK has 'untapped riches' still inside of him.
I think, for want of a better word, he was one of CH's 'favourites' and am not sure he'll be ingratiated further.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying he's done, get rid or #NotAFootballer or anything like that.
I still think he'll do well for the Albion, but I just don't see the potential for kicking on further, a la the other 3 plus Solly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not convinced AK has 'untapped riches' still inside of him.
I think, for want of a better word, he was one of CH's 'favourites' and am not sure he'll be ingratiated further.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying he's done, get rid or #NotAFootballer or anything like that.
I still think he'll do well for the Albion, but I just don't see the potential for kicking on further, a la the other 3 plus Solly.

How funny we all look at things.

AK is 27, AJ 25, Izqueirdo 27, Locadia 25, all a similar stage of development, and young players who have room to improve. I've seen far more from Knockeart last season than the other 3 to suggest he has more untapped potential under a new manager and system.

You're bathing in the 'unknown', that there 'could be' more, there must be more, rather than what there actually is. Knockeart has a much smaller step to being more effective next season than some of those players I'll tell you that much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How funny we all look at things.

AK is 27, AJ 25, Izqueirdo 27, Locadia 25, all a similar stage of development, and young players who have room to improve. I've seen far more from Knockeart last season than the other 3 to suggest he has more untapped potential under a new manager and system.

You're bathing in the 'unknown', that there 'could be' more, there must be more, rather than what there actually is. Knockeart has a much smaller step to being more effective next season than some of those players I'll tell you that much.

Going to be fascinating. I'm in the Stat camp (I think) re AK, in that we've seen far more of him at/near his maximum potential than the others - at 27, you'd really think that he'd learned not to try to beat the same man 3 times, turn towards his own goal when defending under pressure and stop being a petulant child when things aren't going his way etc. He's got a fair head start on the others though based on past performances for sure. March showed some great signs in a constricted environment last season and if he's given a bit more freedom from defensive duties (and licence to run at players) I think he'll really flourish. Locadia has, in parts, looked a bit like Baldock to me but better. Jose is rapid and can genuinely terrify a defender but so much now depends on his fitness. AJ is my biggest doubt amongst the 'second chancers' but at least he'll get a chance and has a history of coming good in a second season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have completely changed that as the only 2 that I said we should sign was Paul Rogers and Trevor Stevens and Alan Mullery sent the then Chief Scout to watch Stevens who said no he was too small. I was sent to Sutton to watch a striker Francis Ariwateife and saw Rogers playing for them and was impressed.

Any relation to Trevor Steven?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Andone has shown way more promise than Locadia. I just hope Locadia was his head down and knuckles down rather than messaging local singers asking them to collaborate for music... :whistle:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I'd be pretty confident with Murray starting, but as the season goes on you'd like to think that the players we've signed to transition into the team would start actually getting to play. Andone looks a quality player and Locadia can finish - the three of them have very different strengths. I'm very confident that we've got good quality throughout the squad, but they need to start justifying the belief.

Completely agree.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
At least Andone looks like he could have the makings of a PL starter.

Locadia doesn't look like he has the makings of a professional footballer.

I bloody hope it's Andone............we are in deep shit IMO if Locadia is our starting striker!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At least Andone looks like he could have the makings of a PL starter.

Locadia doesn't look like he has the makings of a professional footballer.

I bloody hope it's Andone............we are in deep shit IMO if Locadia is our starting striker!

I actually thought Locadia looked as if he might make a central striker in the cup game with Derby, but I wouldn't like our chances much if he was first choice, Andone looks like a forward but we never seemed to play the right passes to him last season, through or over defences. Instead he had to play with his back to goal like Murray, which I don't think is his game at all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don’t think it will happen, but if we are relying on locadia, andone and Murray to get the goals to keep us up, then we are in serious trouble.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I think that you will be surprised.

It's very unfair to judge any ofthe forward players - bar murray, march and Knocky (who pretty much proved themselves) - in CH system. It was so defensive, and very controlled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here