Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex new signing

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
After getting bowled out cheaply again in the last game, Sussex have made yet another new signing.

Of course it is BOWLER Reece Topley

[tweet]1146343051830419456[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. If we can rely on bowling them out for under fifty, we should be able to win occasionally.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great, an injury prone, Hampshire reject BOWLER is exactly what we need at the moment when we struggle to hit 100 runs an innings at the moment.

When was the last time he played 4 day cricket?
I don’t think he needs to worry about lasting four days with our batsmen.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Great, an injury prone, Hampshire reject BOWLER is exactly what we need at the moment when we struggle to hit 100 runs an innings at the moment.

When was the last time he played 4 day cricket?

He's had some injury problems sure, but this strikes me as the classic Sussex signing of bringing in a player who's career has stuttered slightly, and helping them get back on track. If we're patient with him while he gets back to his peak condition he could be an incredible signing. A few years ago prior to his injuries, he could have walked into any county team.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He's had some injury problems sure, but this strikes me as the classic Sussex signing of bringing in a player who's career has stuttered slightly, and helping them get back on track. If we're patient with him while he gets back to his peak condition he could be an incredible signing. A few years ago prior to his injuries, he could have walked into any county team.

You are of course correct, he was hugely promising and he’s obviously impressed when using our facilities. Hopefully it will work out.

It just looks unfortunate timing bringing in a bowler when at the moment we seem incapable of batting out a session.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
You are of course correct, he was hugely promising and he’s obviously impressed when using our facilities. Hopefully it will work out.

It just looks unfortunate timing bringing in a bowler when at the moment we seem incapable of batting out a session.

Well yes there is that, it does seem unfortunate timing after the last couple of days in particular.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Another bowler was needed for the 20/20 competition. Especially if Archer won’t be available. First test August 1st. I don’t think Archer will make the side, but may make the squad.

With 1 or two injuries, the squad looks light. Missing Briggs and Jordan certainly hasn’t helped this week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here