Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Super Friends on the Ticket Friend List

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whats with that “strong relationship” thing?
Was messing about with the edit function and thought I will add everyone on the friend and family list as a super friend so they can apparently buy tickets on my behalf (when its their turn to get the group tickets)
And get the message

"The selected client is already related to another group of people. Adding the relationship failed".

Anyone else’s mates cheating on them as well with another group of people they havnt let on about?
Is there to be some sort of billy no mates section at away games?

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I had that the other day. My kids were deemed to be in other 'relationships' when I tried to make them family. Why is there not a 'family' selection? Why 'friends and family' or 'friends', seems a little odd.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Whats with that “strong relationship” thing?
Was messing about with the edit function and thought I will add everyone on the friend and family list as a super friend so they can apparently buy tickets on my behalf (when its their turn to get the group tickets)
And get the message

"The selected client is already related to another group of people. Adding the relationship failed".

Anyone else’s mates cheating on them as well with another group of people they havnt let on about?
Is there to be some sort of billy no mates section at away games?

All this.

I have absolutely no idea what “strong relationship” is for. Just about everyone (12 people) on my F&F have bought a ticket for an away game for me (using my account) over the last several years, yet only one ( completely randomly chosen as far as I can see) makes it to my special friend list.

Does this mean that the others can’t buy a ticket for me next season? No idea. Can I make them a special friend? Well, there’s a tick box which purports to allow it, but, as you say, it doesn’t work.

:shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wonder if this is functionality being added due to YouTuber-Tout-Gate, ie some way of indicating that only explicitly nominated others can buy tickets on your behalf.

Might be a Work In Progress and not fully implemented yet.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wonder if this is functionality being added due to YouTuber-Tout-Gate, ie some way of indicating that only explicitly nominated others can buy tickets on your behalf.

Yep, might be the case. But surely the club could test the whole thing live on a parallel system and then launch with full functionality, along with an explanatory email?

Partially implementing something on the live system, with no communication at all is just piss poor professionalism, no?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, might be the case. But surely the club could test the whole thing live on a parallel system and then launch with full functionality, along with an explanatory email?

Partially implementing something, with no communication at all is just piss poor professionalism, no?

Are you suggesting that making unannounced, unexplained and confusing changes to a business-critical live system used by tens of thousands of customers might not be best practice?

You're probably right.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Sorry not sorry for cross pollination of threads but clearly the club IT department aren’t employing AGILE process flows to this new development. School boy to part implement functionality without telling people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not seeing the bits mentioned above when I have a little click around, but I do see a check box relating to ticket buying permissions. I have no idea if this is new though.

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 09.57.25.png

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not seeing the bits mentioned above when I have a little click around, but I do see a check box relating to ticket buying permissions. I have no idea if this is new though.

View attachment 112329

Click on guppy ,.....click guppy as " i want this person to be able to buy tickets on my behalf"......click ok

you will get the message "The selected client is already related to another group of people. Adding the relationship failed".

Ps Guppy is a lovely legend, but i dont want him buying tickets for me

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I had a work colleague show up as a super friend or whatever it is, I guess due to him having to pay when we bought some group tickets for the company. Removed that but it removed him from my friends list altogether!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just had a look. It seems no one can buy tickets for me at the moment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Looks like "strong relationship" is when the ability to buy is reciprocal (ie you can buy on their behalf AND they can buy on your behalf). Presumably added so you are aware who can purchase in your name.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I wonder if they'll be a swipe left / right option???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like "strong relationship" is when the ability to buy is reciprocal (ie you can buy on their behalf AND they can buy on your behalf). Presumably added so you are aware who can purchase in your name.

As mentioned above - probably in response to youtubergate................stops anyone using your number to buy tickets unless you expressly permit it. Starting to look a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut TBH

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As mentioned above - probably in response to youtubergate................stops anyone using your number to buy tickets unless you expressly permit it. Starting to look a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut TBH

Out of interest - can you remind me why you are on my F&F?

I don't mind, I just don't remember why!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Out of interest - can you remind me why you are on my F&F?

I don't mind, I just don't remember why!

I'll PM you :) It's been bloody useful though - have made a packet buying STH guests tickets on your number and flogging them to away fans. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
One of my F&F contacted the club and in essence their reply was to the effect that the 'strong relationships' are for buying memberships/ST etc for others and the old rules still apply for buying match tickets.

Didn't make much sense to me either

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
When I renewed my season ticket this year for me and my son, I was able to do it in one transaction because he was listed as strong relaitonship. Previous years I had to pay for the two separately. As far as I can tell thats the only difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here