Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
According to the Wimbledon app, Halep v Gauff is second up on No 1 court......

I had a 50/50 chance! I think it's a certainty that it would have been Centre had Konta not won today, she has to be on Centre as the last Brit (sort of!) standing. Federer and Nadal being on Centre is fairly standard as well - just ask Venus Williams how she feels about Federer and Nadal being on Centre or Court 1 as a last resort.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not really into tennis but can somebody explain why the server is given 3 balls and discards 1 what is he/she looking for to discard one.

The ferosity of the nap on tennis balls varies ball to ball and so women like to inspect the immediately available balls fairly carefully to avoid sticking a ball with what is technically termed "an itchy nap" inside their panties.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Similarly for men, the pockets inside elite tennis players shorts are extremely thin, almost translucent, to ensure they are as streamlined and aerodynamically efficient as possible, and a ball with an "itchy nap" can become a significant, possibly point, game, set or even match loosing factor if it nestles uncomfortably against said players reproductive equipment.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The ferosity of the nap on tennis balls varies ball to ball and so women like to inspect the immediately available balls fairly carefully to avoid sticking a ball with what is technically termed "an itchy nap" inside their panties.

Similarly for men, the pockets inside elite tennis players shorts are extremely thin, almost translucent, to ensure they are as streamlined and aerodynamically efficient as possible, and a ball with an "itchy nap" can become a significant, possibly point, game, set or even match loosing factor if it nestles uncomfortably against said players reproductive equipment.

I had already provided BG with an explanation but having now read yours, they appear to make much more sense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Halep has just destroyed Williams in less than an hour, what a performance. Unfazed by the power of her opponent’s shots.

At the same time destroying the relentless BBC narrative of Serena this, Serena that, over the last few weeks.

Great to see a new name take a Grand Slam.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Halep has just destroyed Williams in less than an hour, what a performance. Unfazed by the power of her opponent’s shots.

At the same time destroying the relentless BBC narrative of Serena this, Serena that, over the last few weeks.

Great to see a new name take a Grand Slam.

I thought it was a brilliant final she blew the yank away. Good interview afterwards as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here