Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Any recomendations for unusual or quirky places to eat in Eastbourne?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
As per thread title really, I'm looking for somewhere a bit unusual to dine out for my birthday which is fast approaching. We are staying the night in EB and would like to eat somewhere special on the Saturday night.

If there aren't any unusual (Vietnamese or Lebanese for example) or quirky (I don't know, maybe a menu where every dish contains Chorizo or something) places, please feel free to mention your favourite and why...

Many thanks,

Papak

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I believe Eastbourne has a Robert Dyas. It would be quite unusual and quirky to eat in there.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Meze (Turkish) is excellent and family run. I have eaten here a few times and never been let down by the food or service as most of it is cooked over coals. Or you could try something like Tuk Tuk which is indian tapas although very informal. 2 bulls if you like your steaks . Lots of good restaurants in the town maybe have a look at tripadvisor

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
There's a Korean Restaurant called 'K-Star' near the train station, but I've never eaten there. Looks quirky!

Otherwise Cru is good, but my recommendation would be the Little Elephant (Thai) Restaurant in Grove Road. A bit pricey, but superb.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Pomodoro. Best Italian restaurant in Sussex.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
There's a Korean Restaurant called 'K-Star' near the train station, but I've never eaten there. Looks quirky!

Otherwise Cru is good, but my recommendation would be the Little Elephant (Thai) Restaurant in Grove Road. A bit pricey, but superb.

Not surprising for a huge serving

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The Greek restaurant called Gr/eat in Terminus Road is our current favourite, will need to book though. The meze is quite magnificent if you are rather hungry. We’ve not had a bad meal in there and it’s usually very busy.
https://www.gr-eat.co.uk/

Italian - Locanda Del Duca is next for Pomodoro’s, same owners but a bit more upmarket. Never had a bad meal in there either.
http://www.la-locanda-del-duca.com/

Two Bulls is a great steak restaurant in Old Town too.
http://thetallyho.net/

Plenty of pubs do decent food too like The Dolphin, Bibendum and The Lamb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somewhere that doesn't have a 'Pensioners Special' menu would be usual and quirky.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Meze (Turkish) is excellent and family run. I have eaten here a few times and never been let down by the food or service as most of it is cooked over coals. Or you could try something like Tuk Tuk which is indian tapas although very informal. 2 bulls if you like your steaks . Lots of good restaurants in the town maybe have a look at tripadvisor

Great insight, thanks!!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here