Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 435
  1. #381
    Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beside the seaside, beside the sea
    Posts
    47,362


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you. That's the most irritating thing about many of the posters on here. They only want you to have an opinion if it's in line with theirs. Typical of a left-leaning city like Brighton. Well I've got a bloody opinion that says women's football is of a very poor standard compared to men's. Not altogether surprising as they've only just started playing the game, but it's a fact.
    What percentage of Nsc posters live in Brighton? I would say less than half.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #382
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,557


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'd imagine the figures for the men's WCF were massively below those of the England semi final
      https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/spo...rld-cup-final/

      ...............more than 50% less...........
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #383
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      19,928


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's shorter than "woman on", or even "person on".
      ‘Girl on’ ‘bitch on’ ‘slag on’ are just 3 better and more apt examples
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #384
      Members nicko31's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      A long way from the coast...
      Posts
      8,302


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/spo...rld-cup-final/

      ...............more than 50% less...........
      Still most watched TV event this year, impressive....
      Give us UNIONS NOT UNICORNS!!!
    • #385
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      48,484


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thank you. That's the most irritating thing about many of the posters on here. They only want you to have an opinion if it's in line with theirs. Typical of a left-leaning city like Brighton. Well I've got a bloody opinion that says women's football is of a very poor standard compared to men's. Not altogether surprising as they've only just started playing the game, but it's a fact.
      Are you thick?* Having an opinion on the quality of the football is neither here nor there - I have no issues with @Sussex Nomad posting to say as much, because he's right. What is annoying is your load of shite about it being a niche sport and belonging with minor sports as a footnote, good riddance and all that shit.

      You're wrong. We are a football loving nation, and 11m people tuned in last night to prove the point. Is it still light years behind the men's game? Yes. But that will change as young girls are exposed to the female game. Do we want a society where sporty girls have nowhere to go with their talents, and where the only football girls we're interested in are the WAGs? You also miss the wider point that the thirst for live sport needs to go far deeper than ever before because the media landscape has changed so much. With people able to pick and choose what and when they watch, there is a premium for live sport, but there are multiple media companies all chasing rights to a finite number of traditional sports. It's only natural that women's sport is a new avenue worth exploring, notwithstanding the obvious redressing of the imbalance in male and female sport coverage. Professional women's football deserves it's chance in the spotlight and it will improve as the domestic circle of players swells over the years.

      Meanwhile, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't pour your shite out here.






      *No need to answer because the answer is of course "yes, yes you are".
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #386
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      20,704


      1 Not allowed!
      I was one of the 11million watching a whole game for the first time .

      USA at times looked pretty good but my god was some of it comical. The crowd sounded like an U21 friendly when they used to pack it out with school kids.

      It was fairly entertaining and its a shame we lost .

      Will I be watching more women's football ? me personally - no.

      It is a bit strange the media treating it like the men's semi but out and about on sites and work today, no one has mentioned a thing. I think people watched but not many really cared. Maybe that's something that comes once it becomes more established.

      Nothing against it for those that like it.
    • #387
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      EP
      Posts
      17,764


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was one of the 11million watching a whole game for the first time .

      USA at times looked pretty good but my god was some of it comical. The crowd sounded like an U21 friendly when they used to pack it out with school kids.

      It was fairly entertaining and its a shame we lost .

      Will I be watching more women's football ? me personally - no.

      It is a bit strange the media treating it like the men's semi but out and about on sites and work today, no one has mentioned a thing. I think people watched but not many really cared. Maybe that's something that comes once it becomes more established.

      Nothing against it for those that like it.
      And I would imagine the men's Europa Nations semi final would have been a bigger audience but for it being on pay for tv.
    • #388
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      20,704


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And I would imagine the men's Europa Nations semi final would have been a bigger audience but for it being on pay for tv.
      lets be honest , no one particularly cared about that either
    • #389
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      EP
      Posts
      17,764


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      lets be honest , no one particularly cared about that either
      Well there is that, but if it had been on the BBC at prime time it would have probably made a bigger audience.
    • #390
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,557


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are you thick?* Having an opinion on the quality of the football is neither here nor there - I have no issues with @Sussex Nomad posting to say as much, because he's right. What is annoying is your load of shite about it being a niche sport and belonging with minor sports as a footnote, good riddance and all that shit.

      You're wrong. We are a football loving nation, and 11m people tuned in last night to prove the point. Is it still light years behind the men's game? Yes. But that will change as young girls are exposed to the female game. Do we want a society where sporty girls have nowhere to go with their talents, and where the only football girls we're interested in are the WAGs? You also miss the wider point that the thirst for live sport needs to go far deeper than ever before because the media landscape has changed so much. With people able to pick and choose what and when they watch, there is a premium for live sport, but there are multiple media companies all chasing rights to a finite number of traditional sports. It's only natural that women's sport is a new avenue worth exploring, notwithstanding the obvious redressing of the imbalance in male and female sport coverage. Professional women's football deserves it's chance in the spotlight and it will improve as the domestic circle of players swells over the years.

      Meanwhile, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't pour your shite out here.






      *No need to answer because the answer is of course "yes, yes you are".
      There's 100+ years catching up to do, it'll take a while but things are moving quickly. Much more interest, and massively more investment. There were a few comedy moments of course (the shanked corner and hair-bun foul throw being a couple of them) but equally I wish Bong could put in a cross like one or two of those that led to goals. It wasn't all rubbish by any means.

      Have to confess limited interest on my part until recently but junior has been working as a performance analyst with Lewes ladies team last season to help his Uni studies (and now will be doing so more formally) so have got to understand a bit more about what is going on. Whilst they're not at Albion's level yet, their last game of the season was vs Man Utd, it was televised on MUTV and streamed free on Youtube and the crowd was well over 10,000. Lewes' Ladies coach was Koeman's assistant at Southampton and Everton - there is a ton of ambition around what they are doing.

      Having the WC on terrestrial TV has been great for exposure too - sure there will be plenty of newly-interested folk as a result.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •