Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Thread : England Women vs USA Womens World Cup Semifinal

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really got into that. Why on earth didn't White take the penalty? She was on fire in this competition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think she deliberately fouled her, I think she clipped her legs running back.

I think the rule is if there is a legitimate attempt to play the ball? I agree it doesn’t deserve a red but I also didn’t think the second yellow was even a foul as I’m old school but... rules are rules...?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on.

I've been saying that they need to reverse the rule, if any part of the body, excluding arms, is onside then you're onside.
There needs to be the cricket equivalent of "umpires call" in the way it's being used.

Had our goal been allowed but the pen not been given, nobody would have complained on either side.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the rule is if there is a legitimate attempt to play the ball? I agree it doesn’t deserve a red but I also didn’t think the second yellow was even a foul as I’m old school but... rules are rules...?

I didnt think the second yellow was a foul...games going soft :whistle:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Shame, but we gave the US a good run for their money, probably their hardest game in this WC.

Respect to the women for playing some passionate and entertaining football.

Bloom is definitely thinking ahead and investing in the ladies game. It does have great potential and I can't knock it.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
England gave everything and pushed the USA all the way and can be proud of what they have achieved. Have to say USA were the better side most of the time and will be favourites for the final but they'll know they've been in the game!

Oh and can I say that I hope Morgan doesn't win the Golden Boot as shes only up there for all the goals against Thailand...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Parris. Punchy and stocky, looks like she should be dangerous, never ever is.

The female equivalent of Chris O'Grady.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Game management.

Oh well :tantrum:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I didnt think the second yellow was a foul...games going soft :whistle:

Neither did i, you see a lot of this now.
If you go in at pace and go for the ball and hit the top of the ball your foot goes over the top of the ball and connects with the other players leg.
If you miss the ball and go over the top, even as a mistake then it's a straight red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here